PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid sway bar question, and knoi

Jdub07
08-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Is there an external and an internal sway bar. One inside the car and one outside undernieth? :stupid: Also where can I get the best price on KONI struts? The lowest I have found so far is like $465+ and thats not even with shipping. ARRRRRRRRggggg

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 03:46 PM
sway bar in under the car front (Dx and LX models, LXI sway bar is thicker) and back (LXI models only) and strat tower bar under the hood or/and in the trunk.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Jdub07
Is there an external and an internal sway bar. One inside the car and one outside undernieth? :stupid: Also where can I get the best price on KONI struts? The lowest I have found so far is like $465+ and thats not even with shipping. ARRRRRRRRggggg

$414+shipping (sales tax?)
http://www.autocarparts.com/search/results.php3?make=39&model=222&trim=283&cat=Suspension&subcat=Shocks

$424+FREE SHIPPING (but sales tax) www.shox.com

$424+shipping but being shipping out of reno nevada so shipping should be low www.tirerack.com

Jdub07
08-16-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB

$414+shipping (sales tax?)
http://www.autocarparts.com/search/results.php3?make=39&model=222&trim=283&cat=Suspension&subcat=Shocks

$424+FREE SHIPPING (but sales tax) www.shox.com

$424+shipping but being shipping out of reno nevada so shipping should be low www.tirerack.com

Hey jims will the rear sway you sold me fit my dx? The post above indicated dx don't do rear's.

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2002, 08:22 AM
jdub, i had the same concern about putting a bar on the back of a DX, yeah, they should fit without any issue. But, Jim, would you be able to explain any mods/other parts that are needed to install a bar on a dx from an LX-i.

Just got a quote from Shox 425.60 for Koni's. They have free shipping on Koni's.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-16-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jdub07

Hey jims will the rear sway you sold me fit my dx? The post above indicated dx don't do rear's.

DX's and LX's don't come with the factory with rear sway bars. But they allready have all the mounting holes you will need to install all the brackets that I sent to you. You have all the parts you will need to install it. If you visit the "how to" section on this board it explains that to you and shows you how to install the bar.

Suspension Techniques offers a mounting kit for owners of DX and LX cars so they can mount their rear sway bar. Since I gave you my mounting hardware, if you ever wanted to upgrade to their bar, you won't need those mounts, you allready have them.