PDA

View Full Version : i cry for help......

mcwille117
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I have been trying to replace my CV axles for about a month and a half now and i just cant do it. I started on the driver side and got me hung up on the fork bolt going through the lower control arm. It was seized worse than any bolt I have ever worked on. I tried everthing to move it, impact wrench, sledge hammer, air chisle to try and knock it loose, you name it i tried it. i even tried heating it with a torch and iceing it real quick being careful not to burn the bushing, finally i just cut it with a sawsall and then i burned the bushing out. i bought a new bushing kit and i realized i still had to get the metal sleave out that was still in there. I have been working at just that sleave for days not and can't get it out. Removing the control arm to work on it aswell is out because the rear bolt that goes through it is seized to its bushing aswell. The real kicker is that the same bolt and bushing that has given me hell on the driverside is just as stuck on the passenger side. at this point i have no way of moving the car to take it somewhere and just fork over an outragous amount to get it done. is there anyone in Michigan that could possibly help me??? i'm about 20 min north of Pontiac, if there is anyone nearby that could possibly help i really need it. i could pay someone for there time if they want cause i really need my car back together.

thanks
mcwille

gp02a0083
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
ahh the infamous "bitch bolt"

Ludi Mali
10-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I just got it done about 2 weeks ago with the same problem. ^rant^ jackass honda engineers couldn't leave enough room for the axle to slide out. Fuckin assholes.^rant end^ anyways. Use a reciprocating saw to cut the outer sleeve of the bushing and then use something to fold it in on itself. You only have to make 1 full cut across the length. Dont worry if you cut the control arm a little, they are very strong. Then I used a C-clamp to press the new bushing in after freezing it with dry ice(the freezer wasn't cold enough). It took me almost 2 weeks to get the whole thing done, thank god i know a lot of ingenuitive(real word?) people.

Cant Stop
11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
thanks just what i need to read several weeks before i am going to do mine.
guess i will get some PB blaster and loosen everything up.

AccordEpicenter
11-05-2005, 09:38 PM
or you guys can just take the inner boot apart and take the joint apart to get it out, i dont fuck with that bolt