PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem: ECU/CLOCK fuse 10A

3GACCORDINGLY
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Just like it says... The fuse box located in the engine bay is what I have the real problem with. It has to do with the ECU/CLOCK fuse (10A). I noticed the fuse was blown and I tried to replace it with the same 10A fuse and it blew right away. Then I tried it again, same thing. Then I tried a 30A fuse and no luck there. By the way, I have an amp and capacitor for my audio system. I think it might have something to do with this problem, but read on. Usually when I disconnect the battery (Procedure when working on electric in car/jumping battery) and connect it later, I blow the same fuse but it can be easily replaced when I take out the power to the amp and cap. I did exactly what I did before but it doesn't work this time around. I get the feeling that when I jumped another car, the person who connected the jumper cables to my car might have caused this problem. He accidentally touched the cars frame (negative -) at the same time when the connecting the wire to the positive lead. Please help me out, maybe someone knows how to fix this... Someone can really save me some time going through the whole electrical system finding out whats wrong. Thanks

Mac
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
That fuse is for the clock,ecu, and radio memory. Some where you have a short. Did you rewire the radio? The white/yellow wire from the car should be hooked to only the yellow wire to radio. You can unplug the radio, clock and ecu one at a time and see if the fuse still blows. I would check the white/yellow wires to see if they are connected wrong or shorted to ground anywhere.