PDA

View Full Version : Plans for your 3rd Generation Accord in the next year?

88Accord-DX
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I was wondering what some of you guys plans are for your 3rd Generation Accord within the year 2006. I'm doing my best to keep it around even though I don't drive it to much, cause it needs a little work.
Anyhow, I would like to rebuild the motor depending on compression checks. What do you guys plan on doing to keep your car around and up-grades?

halxi
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Well heres my list

- fix my rust spot, repaint 2 tone (blood red upper body, black lower)
- new windshield, new door windows, new "seals" for my door windows, mine are cracked/torn
- SEI rear disc conversion
- window tin (25% rear 3 windows, 35% door windows, 80% windshield)
- new interior panels, accent with black (like the black/tan guys, only mine will be maroon/black)
- motor rebuild, goal 250hp N/A a20

bobafett
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
17:1 compression will be tough on an a20, and thats the only way you are going to get 250whp... heheh i think 200whp is a stretch, even if you got a custom stroked motor and bored the cylinders out a hell of a lot more than .040...

im doing just about everything to my motor, and 160-170 whp would make my day...

seriously there is no way you will get 250whp na... 240whp na ls/vtec motors are rare, what makes you think you can do it with an a20?

ok enough negative, MY plans are to finiish the built NA a20, run 14s, and start planning the turbo project... hopefully running turbo by the end of next year...

halxi
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
its just what i would like to ultimatly achieve. Maybe its a stretch but ill do my best to get to it. :slap:

gfrg88
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
-rebuild my engine for turbo, 300WHP:D
-all suspension upgraded
-mold stock bumpers to body
-shaved moldings
-shaved door handles
-clear lights all around
-all custom interior(dashboard, seats, gauges, etc.)

i think thats about all i want to do to this car, i have other ideas for another 3g, like 2xDCOE turbo or something crazy like that:)
:rice:

A20A1
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Try and keep it though, it might be towed... grrr. No one likes me having two cars taking up two parking spots.

Vanilla Sky
10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
DCOE and trans swap on the current 3gee and updating the suspension under the new one. that's about it.

88Accord-DX
10-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Try and keep it though, it might be towed... grrr.
I was thinking about that, if I don't get my rebuild by June '06, then I can't drive it legal. :sad2:

Hash_man_Se_i
10-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Ive got lots of plans... If i can afford, hopefully get the B-series swap kit, and swap in a JDM type R b18c... Get some Mugen m5 wheels, ground controls, ST sway bars, SS break lines

Redo my interior with Buddy club/recaro buckets (non reclining), New wheel, 5speed swap, Finish my system, including false floor setup in the trunk.

And my number one goal for the winter right now is to get a full repaint in the factory colour, and all the rust cut out, most likely just get new rear 1/4 panels.

88Accord-DX
10-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Before & after.

Hopefully I can keep her around for the sake of 3rd Generation Accord

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/pic9-22-side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/blackbeforepaint.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/corner1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/front3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/3-11four.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/3-12pic2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/geez2.jpg

3gn86lxi
10-24-2005, 11:56 PM
EH, off to the wrecker for me.:sadwave:

Hash_man_Se_i
10-25-2005, 12:02 AM
EH, off to the wrecker for me.

Are you serious?! thats not cool... be sure to sell the good stuff on here ie cf hood and i believe you have window visors

88Accord-DX
10-25-2005, 12:04 AM
EH, off to the wrecker for me.:sadwave:
:flip: don't poke fun at me fucker.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Paint and body work should be done shortly, then im going to dress it up some with new wheels, c/f hood, clear corners, new head lights. Then do some suspension worklike shocks, strust and adjustable coilovers. Then a b20 swap with headers and exhaust. Im probably not going to start the interior until the end of 2006. Im hoping to modify the car from all aspects (body style, engine performance, and interior design). I think im ff to a pretty good start.

HondaBoy
10-25-2005, 01:04 AM
well let's see..............1st get another job. then i'll probley put a little money away. 1st big thing i'll buy is an HID kit, i've been wanting that and was gonna get it but it was discontinued for what i wanted. then i want to get it painted. kinda like helix says, but i wanted milano red and the black the 4th gen accord came in or something black metalic. then i'll probley drop some cash for new rims and tires. maybe do some suspension. in between that stuff, i may get a nice weber DCOE. either 32/36 or 38/38. dunno which i want yet. oh and also a header at the same time. possibley a new tranny between everything else too.

SteveDX89
10-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Sounds like some of you guys are planning on sinking half your income in your car next year or are just listing everything you want to do to the car with no time frame.

Anyway, next year I plan to rebuild my block. Stock specs next year as what I want to do will cost over $2K for the block alone. Then as long as the finances allow for it, the SE-i brake upgrade at all 4 corners.

frantik
10-25-2005, 01:45 AM
By october 2006 hopefully i'll have new struts (should have konis on soon once i get the rear ones in the mail :D) lowered it a bit, and have at least a rear sway bar installed (preferably upgrade the front as well)

would also like to get new rims but that can wait since it's an expensive cosmetic upgrade.

1ajs
10-25-2005, 06:27 AM
hmm give its yearly rust treatment fix the dents a bit more maybe do a engin rebuild piston rings in cylder # 2 are leaking a bit. replace the carpet and check up on the anti rust job we did after it was submerged in 93 un 8' of water

ofcores keep up on fixing the little things that need to be fixed

put the trunk liner back in do another raod trip to the cabin put the canoe up on the the roof go for another camping trip.

put my colection of logos on to confuse people.

AccordDX86
10-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Paint, rims and tires, window tint, weather stripping and I'll be happy. Nice and clean is how I want it. Or, I'll just buy a 5 speed.

frankie89
10-25-2005, 09:53 AM
i aint tellin..if i do ill have to kill ya. well maybe send a missle to your house..

88accordhb
10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
drive it.

speedpenguin
10-25-2005, 03:12 PM
my personal ride is getting teh PGM-Fi treatment, i'm also taking out a loan, to get the bodywork done, so it doesn't look like an old POS anymore. oh wait, it's a 3G. :lol:
hopefully the SE-i brakes as well, and i'd like to find out what keeps causing my taillight fuse to blow, that ain't cool.
finally some basic suspension pieces and a breather setup (exhaust header, intake), but that may have to wait, we'll have to see how much i'm earning after my promotion in first quarter '06.
as for the GRM challenge 3G...
well i haven't even bought one yet, but probably an engine rebuild, tranny swap (or put in teg gears), nitrous, and find me some cheap used drag slicks. there'll be more i'll be doing to that one but that's the expensive part.

3G Jester
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
buy one to drive on the days.

keruhas184
10-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Let's see. Get her running well. Try to pass smog inspection. Replace a bj+alignment. Maybe add a sway bar. Keep her as long as I can, and hope the wheels don't fall off from all that rust.

speedpenguin
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
i'd like to find out what keeps causing my taillight fuse to blow, that ain't cool.
guess i shouldn't wait until 2006 to do that, my fuse box acted up again yesterday, i went through 3 fuses before i managed to fix it, plus i drove to work at 7AM this morning with no taillights. never doing that again.

2drSE-i
10-27-2005, 06:59 AM
just wait til it catches on fire......theres something wrong in there, dont delay anymore

what id like to do is repaint as well. exhaust may be done before the end of '05, custom built (by me) CAI, MSD box, blaster ss coil MSD 8.5 wires (so little resistance) some kind of plugs. paint taillights (candy apple red) new headlight assembly, realign fender, dent fix all around, new headlight trim pieces, maybe new grille too. replace drivers seat with stock SE-i. i may get some of these done by the end of next year :)

Deadhead
10-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Drive it.... hope i win the lottery so i can buy a WRX...

but probably make the car look a little nicer... looks like shit right now, clear coat is peeling like a mofo

Vanilla Sky
10-27-2005, 01:26 PM
well, it's looking like i'm not going to have a second 3gee for now, so i'll just go with my current one and DCOE the thing, and see about getting a cage in it since the suspension i'm planning will class me high for autocross anyway.

BTW, i already have the carbs, so it's not like i'm having to go spend $600 on carbs or anything :-p

AccordEpicenter
10-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Run 12s and not blow my motor. Simple enough. The worlds one and only 12 sec stock engine and boost 3G (might be the only 4 cyl or even the only accord to do this at all... havent seen anybody do it yet...)

2drSE-i
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
newb question....wats DCOE?

FyreDaug
10-27-2005, 07:18 PM
If it lives for the rest of the year it'll get some oil changes, possibly some new tires and maybe another set of brakes... Maybe finish fixing the rear defrost lines and tint that window. Build some real boxes for my MB Quarts instead of in the doors. Then buy the skyline

FyreDaug
10-27-2005, 07:20 PM
DCOE - Dual webers

A18A
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I plan to make mine road legal.

adams86lxi
10-27-2005, 08:46 PM
launch mine off a cliff! lol my plans are to one day have mine running again lol.

AccordEpicenter
10-27-2005, 09:12 PM
yours is broke again adam?

adams86lxi
10-27-2005, 10:01 PM
lol its been broken for awhile now lol. I dont remember if i told you i killed the tranny or not?

mkymonkey
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
ok my plans.

since i have an 01 d17 civic i dont really need this just to drive. but i bought it because i only paid 300 bucks for it and it was supposed to be a beater so i wouldnt put that much mile into the 7thgen. BUT.... i found this site. so now i want to just make it into a lil project so i can learn more about engines.

what i have done already:
Modified/Custom AEM intake
New Radiator (sorta, just got one from another 3g i towed)
Cleaned the whole interior from the grease it had.
MSD Coil
New Spark cables (Bosh from Autozone)
Fixed a big dent on the right 1/4 panel
painted some trim pieces
painted valve cover
tune up and cleaned the engine.

WHAT I PLAN TO DO:
Get drilled rotors and AEM break pads
SEi rear disk conversion (once i find one)
Get some custom headers from my neighbor at work
remove cat and and have a straight exhaust
repaint and re vinyl the interior
new carpet (dont need it but i want it)
short shifter
remove the rest of the dents and have it painted charcoal grey
get some rota slipstreams (in silver not black or gun metal)
of course some tires to go with that. havent decided what yet though
get H4 conversion

or just forget all of the above and turbo it (just like everyone else on this site is THINKING to do)

and the rest...basically drive it back and forth from work and home like I am already.

SO MOSTLY I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. A BETTER LOOKING 3G.

jonrichert
10-28-2005, 12:03 AM
launch mine off a cliff!
i second that, i've gotten 4.5 years out of my rustbucket, i'm likely buying a 1g eclipse gsx this weekend... mmm awd+boost

AccordEpicenter
10-28-2005, 04:19 AM
ok yeah i remember now, i thought you fixed it though. Can you find another tranny?

Deadhead
10-28-2005, 06:18 AM
i second that, i've gotten 4.5 years out of my rustbucket, i'm likely buying a 1g eclipse gsx this weekend... mmm awd+boost

Heh... they are a lot faster than the 3g, but you have terrible reliability with them.

My co-worker has a 10 second GSX.... makes me drool all the time

86-accord-lxi
10-28-2005, 06:54 AM
I plan to either rebuild my automatic transmission,
or have it rebuilt. I would swap to 5 speed, but it's just too much trouble.
If I rebuild the transmission, I'll probably go ahead and pull the engine while Im at it and rebuild it too. I found a complete auto trans overhaul kit for $80
And a complete auto trans overhaul manual, I'll probably just make that my project instead of paying $250-$500 to have it rebuilt.

Ludi Mali
10-28-2005, 07:40 AM
bodywork and repaint
fitted leather seat covers
new carpet
repainted interior
finish my system
drop 1.5
I/H/E + Cam, possible p&p since i have an extra head lying around.
new rims

Something that looks nice and with a little pep. Still unsure of the color scheme though.

If I do end up doing a full rebuild. What is the biggest limiting factor in reving higher than redline with this engine(valve springs, bearings, rods, crank, etc). Maybe target specific parts to get an extra K out of it.