PDA

View Full Version : float level

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 03:14 PM
hey guys,
ok this one for real carb guys.
I don't know what is going on but i was playing with my mixture screw and i notticed that my float level is fucked up.
so i started to look closer.
he is what it did. the car was idling. and the lever would go down and than go up again. what is going on? i though the float level should be staying the same all the time.
that may be why my car has a nose dive below 3K before it starts accelerating like crazy.
another thing. I opened that mistery black box. and there is a filter and it is all dirty. i mean dirty like some one diped in dirty water and dry it out.
so any ideas on those to subjects?
thanks guys.

YK86
08-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Sounds like maybe your float pin isn't working/sliding properly or the float level screw is maladjusted if it's allowing the fuel level to drop too much. A little bit of drop is probably normal since when the level drops, the float and pin also drop allowing the fuel to come in and as soon as the level rises to a certain point, the float and pin rises and closes off the opening blocking more fuel from coming in.
And by mystery box, do you mean the one on the side of the air filter box?? If so, that usually gets dirty and oily. The filter is about $2-$5 from an auto store.

POS carb
08-15-2002, 11:01 PM
turn your float screw out a turn, see if it helps, also make sure the power valve vacuum line has vacuum

shepherd79
08-16-2002, 03:47 AM
well, i set it to the high level. so when at idle the level goes down to the middle. i am gonna check it out today.

pimp86LX
08-27-2002, 01:49 AM
that dirty lil' filter..is it in the box on the right side of the airbox? i think thats a filter for the pcv before it goes back to the valve cover

correct me if i'm wrong

ACCORD EX
08-27-2002, 04:10 AM
no i think he means the black box ( emmisions box ! ) ??

MIKE

A20A1
08-27-2002, 05:00 PM
yeah they are like fiberous filter caps that go on the end of solenoid controlled vacuum bleeds. well I assume they bleed off vacuum.

shepherd79
08-27-2002, 05:15 PM
so is it worth replacing them?

A20A1
08-27-2002, 05:24 PM
I never found a replacement... you'll have to find a way to clean it... the only problems i see is that the dirty filter will create slight vacuum when there shouldn't be any.

POS carb
09-02-2002, 07:19 PM
try some compressed air like at a gas station or one of those keyboard cleaners.