PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem

halxi
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Ok so i got all my stuff wired up for my subs/amp, well the amp kicks on fine when the unit turns on, all goes well. But... my subs dont turn on :uh:

so i pulled the deck out, checked the rca's, fucked with deck/amp settings, and still nothing. There is an "aux" input on the back of my unit, i tried using that, but that was before i turned my "sub input" on through my unit, so that COULD be it, but im kind of doubting it.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? :sadwave:

all help is greatly appriciated :sadwave:

Deadhead
10-26-2005, 05:34 AM
I'm assuming you put positive and negative on the right connections....

You said your subs don't turn on.... do they have their own power source or something? or do they just not get any input from the amp?

halxi
10-26-2005, 06:20 AM
no input from the amp

i just tried unplugging my wires from the amp to the box and put them on an old set of door speakers, nothing. So this kind of narrows it down to the amp not turning on. Could it be the Aux In on the back of my deck?

If thats not it i have a faulty amp, would be my guess. :sad2:

EricW
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Since you said the amp comes on in the first post, have you checked the gain on the amp to make sure its not turned all the way down. I will also assume that you have checked all of the fuses. Also your rca cables should be connected to the sub OUTPUT of the deck and if you deck has the option to turn the subs off be sure that it is set to on.

gp02a0083
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
yah check the fuses then the aux wire, if the amp turns on wehn teh headunit is on the aux pwr is working , if ur getting no sound check the plug for the head unit again , thn check all possable wires , did u solder a new harness conector or did u wire nut them on, lots of diffrents things id start from the batter to the HU to the wires then the amp then subs something isnt connecting right or the wires are crossed or something

Hash_man_Se_i
10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Like said by EricW... make sure the RCA is plugged into the sub out on the back of your deck, and if you are using a used RCA... chances are it could be bad.. so try a different RCA. Also make sure that you have a proper ground setup, that could possibly have somethign to do with this.

halxi
10-26-2005, 02:57 PM
:uh:

i feel sooooo stupid now... this morning i was messing with it, i naturally assumed the outputs on the amp was
+
-
+
-
and its actually
+
+
-
-

changed that, problem fixed...

didnt notice until i was showing my cousin pics, then i was like WHAT? ran out, checked, and bam...

i guess everyone makes mistakes, some are just worse then others :Owned2:

3rdgenhatchDX
10-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Glad you that out... i was like surely he's not that :uh: Good luck down the road!

Deadhead
10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
lmfao.... good to hear it's working for you.... how's it sound?

halxi
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
sounds...
FUCKING AMAZING!

almost ZERO rattle from my trunk/windows at full volume :D :D :D i was SOOOOO excited to hear that, AND my headlights/tail lights dont dim when the bass hits :D :D :D