PDA

View Full Version : Hot start problems

jscwerve
10-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi all, new to the forum and just purchased an 88 dx hatchback for a get to work car. This forum has been great for little things that I have had to adjust (TV cable, the service manuals, etc) The car would not stay running at all when I bought it (probably why I got it for $400) got it home, rebuilt the carb and it fired up just great the first time I cranked it, got the choke and all of the idle's adjusted to a decent point, but I'm still having a few problems. First, can't seem to adjust the idle low enough, at running temp, the choke is all the way open, and all the idle adjustments are backed down till they have no effect any longer, can't get the idle below 1100 rpm, or about 950-1000 in gear (auto trannie) and after the car has warmed up and is turned off after about 5 minutes, if you try to start the car again it is flooded. the float is adjusted correctly according to the manual, all fuel lines seem to be in good condition, just flooding for no reason that I can locate. (I am sure it is flooding and not something else because the engine surges a bit untill I wrap it up a bit and burn it out) I know this may be a newb Q, but I have searched for this problem and didn't find anything usefull. any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
J.C.