PDA

View Full Version : cruise control switch

-=Z=-
08-15-2002, 05:50 PM
This will sound really dumb: how do you disengage the cruise control switch?

I just bought this car and it came with no manual. In the glorious hour of testing everything I could find, I made the mistake of pushing the cruise control button in. Little green light comes on. But the button doesn't seem to want to come back out. Either it's broken, or there's some simple way to do it that I don't know. It's not really interfering with anything, but i'd rather not have it on when i'm not using it.

Thanks

YK86
08-15-2002, 06:06 PM
The spring might be broken or there might be alot of dust and crap inside. You can pop it out, take it apart (I thik there was one or two small + screws) and clean it up. Or you can go to the junkyard and get one for $5.

-=Z=-
08-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Is it supposed to come back out by pushing it again? If so, it's definitely broken.

bigpoppa88
08-15-2002, 08:02 PM
i've had that happen also, try pushing it in again and then let it "snap" back and it will usually pop out. Don't let it release gently, hold it in with the tip of your thumb and let your thumb tip just edge down so it "snaps" out...hope it works for you!

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Mine used to not want to pop back out too easily either (sometimes at all). I just cleaned it out real good with a can of electrical parts cleaner and it's since worked flawlessly. Try that...it should fix the prob :)

AZmike
08-15-2002, 11:45 PM
Mine has always been stuck, but I never thought of it as a problem. If I want cruise control I hit the steering wheel button. When I want it off, I either tap the brake or clutch. It doesn't hurt anything to leave the system 'on' all the time as far as I know.

Maybe if I get really bored sometime I'll pull it apart just to see why it's stuck, but I'm in no hurry.