PDA

View Full Version : One hell of a work night

2drSE-i
10-28-2005, 11:13 PM
so im at work, (Braums Ice Cream and Dairy), we are all bored as hell cuz its pretty slow for a friday night.....and we empty a large can of Malt Powder. im on my way to the trashcan with this thing, and suddenly i realize....wait, this could make a perfectly good muffler!

so minutes later ive got the can opener taking the end off this thing

anywho, i get it on, and friday nights are special around here, we have what we call 12th street cruise night (every friday night basically) were the bastard rich kids show off their cars that their parents bought and payed to have them modified, so after work me and a buddy of mine are cruising in my car, and i see this civic (mid 90's? i dont really follow civics) with a body kit, fartcan, and underbody lights (i laugh a little and die inside), so i drive past this kid and yell, "My muffler is better than yours!" and go on past, then slow down cuz i realize the speed limit is 35 (gay). well he stays in front of me for a while, we are both doing about the speed limit, until we get to this darker part of the street (the race area basically), and he hammers it. im in 4th gear on an auto tranny, so i pop it down into D3 and floor it as well. well i catch this kid with this manual transmission, and then take it in for the win (doing NEARLY 60 in a 45, the speed limit went up) he was very embarrassed, and wudnt even talk to me when i tried to follow him and ask him about his car. street racing is for idiots yes, but beating a modded civic in an auto 3g with a tin can muffler (over my se-i muffler, but quite literally) is priceless

yes, i am a bit crazy, but that job makes you nuts