PDA

View Full Version : Settling Problem!

halxi
10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Ok, so my left rear tire sits further up in my wheel well by .5-1" then my right rear, its noticable from behind, looks like i have a flat.

Is my strut blown? Could it be the way the spring is compressed? what?

I dont really have any good leads/ideas as to what it could be. going to talk to a mec today.

Busted_Blue
10-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Bushings might play a factor in this. check the busings in your LCA and UCA to see if there is any play. Usually if it is loose it would cause it to sag more.

I had a problem where my springs were unequal length..

halxi
10-29-2005, 11:49 AM
well it sat fine for the first week or so, but now it sits lower, should i get it off the ground and check all the bolts and such? and maybe try taking some of the compression off the spring?

FyreDaug
10-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Obviously the first thing would be to check if the spring is busted. You probably did that, but just checking... is it?

bobafett
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
my h&r springs were way unbalanced height. god invented coilovers for this reason ,and i have been happy ever since. :D

AZmike
10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
If the springs look good (good condition, seated properly) from side to side try loosening and tightening the shock mount bolts with the car on the ground. The bushings can be preloaded so that they add a little spring rate if they're tightened with the suspension under full droop. I wouldn't expect it to cause a 1" difference, but it's worth a look.

My car was about 1/4" off side to side on the stock springs and was about the same on the H&Rs.