PDA

View Full Version : testing the strenght of a a20a3

mykwikcoupe
10-29-2005, 02:33 PM
well the accord a2a03 finally died. I lost a cylinder on the way to work. I managed to limp it home pretty well and Know Im thinking of making one of those engine killing videos I download. who wants to see just what a a20a3 can ahndle. basically the way or how. Im thinking revving it real high probably wont do it?

It idles just not much power and it sounds bad. The thing shakes like hell and back since its dragging a piston and all. The engine had a real bad knock when i bought it and it sounded like a rod bearing. well Im going to be replacing it with my b20a turbo anyways so i just let it die more or less. Well know Ive got a reason to swap it over. Wish me luck

just one more question. do you have to use a dvr to put the video online or can you transfer it somehow?

FyreDaug
10-29-2005, 03:50 PM
lol. If you wanna blow it just rev it real high. It sounds like its toast already anyways.

Does it accelerate at all?

cubert
10-29-2005, 04:04 PM
i say lock the ebrake....rev it up and dump the clutch...make em spin til the tires blow or the engine blows.

then if that doesnt work either spin on the rims or just rev it til it blows :lol:

mkymonkey
10-29-2005, 04:33 PM
there is many ways to upload a video. the easiest is to have a digicam or digivid cam that you can download vids to your computer. i know some cameras 3mp and below will only take secs of video at a time. but of course if you have a digital video camera then you just take the video and download it to your computer. you would have to somehow compress it small enough to upload and download. so that means you would have to have a video editing program. i know that windows xp comes with movie maker. you can drop your segments or video (if you took it with a digital camera) or your whole video into it then save it as a .wmv and compress it for streaming video over the internet.

other options are:

*taping it with a regular VHS camera and using a trasnfer device (from audio video, thats the RCA things, to USB or FireWire.)2

*taking the video with your phone, if you can do it, and then transfer it to your computer via bluetooth or USB. (only the high end phones will do this though)

*if you have a laptop and a webcam you can use that as your camera. i mean take your laptop to the location of the "blow-up" along with your webcam connect them both, get into the program of your camera where it allows you to record. I know that logitech will let you do that, even frame by frame vids!!!

thats all i can think of right now, so good luck!!!

bobafett
10-30-2005, 09:41 AM
coool. get a buddy to help u so u can have one person on the engine bay, and another in car. if u are loaded with friends with cameras have one go underneath and check out the cat as it starts to get red hot! :)

b8er
10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
then blows up right in there face, that would make an excelent video

SQ is the SQUAD
10-30-2005, 03:26 PM
dont blow a tranny