PDA

View Full Version : my 90 integra b18a axils fit into my accord hubs

SQ is the SQUAD
10-30-2005, 09:36 AM
i have read that the b series axils dont fint into the accord hubs because they are too big. i took apart my accord suspension and brought it into my basement to start making custom axils. i cleaned everything with my air powered wire brush and then regreesed the hub and teg axil. the axil slid in all the way until about the last inch. i just threw the nut on and hit it with my air gun it is in there completley. i though maybe i was mistaking to i tired the same thing with the other side and it also fits. i know i read somewhere there was a problem maybe with the length, i am going to try to refind the thread, if any1 has any more info let me know

Accordtheory
10-30-2005, 12:06 PM
I thought you had to make an axle with the 90-93 intermediate shaft and accord outer section..guess not..that's nice that it fits. Do you know if there is any difference between the 90-91 and 92-93 integra axles? Supposedly the trannies are different.

SQ is the SQUAD
10-30-2005, 12:17 PM
i am not sure
i found an old axle shaft from a 2000 civic si whic has a b16a, the axil would not fit into the hub at all. once i get my flywheel back from the machine shot i will start putting everytrhing back to gether and start measuring axil length

SteveDX89
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Dude, wtf? Learn how to spell axle. A-X-L-E. Anyway, make sure you when you put those in, you have about an inch of play in and out of the hub before you put the nut on. If not, your car will vibrate like a mother fucker. Don't ask me how I know. :sad2:

SQ is the SQUAD
10-30-2005, 06:25 PM
must you alwayus bust my chops about the axle thing. (same difference)
i am not sure what you ment by an inch of play, it was a pretty tight fit. once the AXLE is in, where should i have the extra inch?

Accordtheory
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Dude, wtf? Learn how to spell axle. A-X-L-E.

ha ha, no shit..he spelled it correctly 1 out of 3 times right after my post...

masterkillalw
10-31-2005, 05:24 AM
I have heard that the Integra axles fit into the LXI accords...but no others yet...

SQ is the SQUAD
10-31-2005, 06:51 AM
maybe thats it, i am using sei hubs

masterkillalw
11-01-2005, 02:34 PM
which is FI right? will have to check more into that I guess.

Legend_master
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
ha ha, no shit..he spelled it correctly 1 out of 3 times right after my post...

what is this english class or something who cares if he spelled it right :dunno: . Anyways I thought the axles for the LX-i were the same as the DX and LX models. I might be wrong, but all the places that I looked up axles had the same part number for FI and Carb.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-01-2005, 06:56 PM
has any1 else ever try to fit teg axels

Accordtheory
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
what is this english class or something who cares if he spelled it right :dunno: . Anyways I thought the axles for the LX-i were the same as the DX and LX models. I might be wrong, but all the places that I looked up axles had the same part number for FI and Carb.

We don't want to look too retarded to the occasional honda-tech visitor..
..or to people who have anything remotely resembling an education..nevermind

I'm pretty sure the axles are the same between lx/dx/lxi..the only drivetrain difference that I can think of is the final drive ratio..

Legend_master
11-01-2005, 09:04 PM
We don't want to look too retarded to the occasional honda-tech visitor..
..or to people who have anything remotely resembling an education..nevermind
I'm pretty sure the axles are the same between lx/dx/lxi..the only drivetrain difference that I can think of is the final drive ratio..

Well I dont think we should worry about what H-T people think of us, if they need the info they are going to have to come here no matter how stupid we are. We have the knowledge and they need the knowledge thats how it works. Now if you are speaking of the H22 thread I can understand why we would not want to misrepresent something that can or cannot happen, but mispelling is just a fact of life.

Accordtheory
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I read and post on h-t all the time.. obviously my sarcasm was only that, I wouldn't actually judge anyone on the basis of their spelling about anything other than spelling...

Legend_master
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
I read and post on h-t all the time.. obviously my sarcasm was only that, I wouldn't actually judge anyone on the basis of their spelling about anything other than spelling...

:321: no, im just playing, I wasent sayin you were a bad person or anything. I just think that h0ndavtec put some work into finding out if the axles work and that this info can now be added to the B-series swap info. I certainly dont have have time to pull my suspention apart and take a chance on sticking the axles in the hub. No harm done :bong: :cheers:

SQ is the SQUAD
11-02-2005, 06:49 AM
well, ANYWAYS

i might dropping everythnig in this weekend. steve brung up an issure with vibration if there isent enough space left, the only way ill be able to chek is to test, trial and error.

SteveDX89
11-02-2005, 10:07 AM
You can test before you drive. Put the axle in and bottom it out on the hub, leave the nut off, put the suspension back together. If you can push the axle back 1", you're good. I probably am not explaining it the best. I have the sheets from PRI about axle end play I can dig up and scan when I get to work tomorrow.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-02-2005, 10:46 AM
it was such a tight fit that once i get the axil into the hub, it needs the nut on the be pulled all the way throght on need a hammer and centerpunch to get out. i take it the play should actually be on the tranny side of the axil, the part that actually comes apart

SteveDX89
11-02-2005, 04:08 PM
No, the part in the tranny doesn't move either. What actually has the play is the axle shaft. When you bolt down the axle on the end and it's in the tranny, it doesn't go back and forth. The actual axle shaft is what moves. You can probably install it and then see if you wiggle the shaft around. It should move some. If it doesn't move at all, the axle is too long and the CV joints are binding and you're car will vibrate like a mofo. It feels like your dash is gonna fall off the firewall. If it's too short, you'll putting excess wear on the CV joints.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
i get it, i know what your talking about because i have a habit of taking AXLES apart all the time

Oldblueaccord
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=45900

I think I found the same thing although I didnt drive my car.

wp

masterkillalw
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
well then I may just go ahead and use the Integra front's then...

masterkillalw
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
well I got a set of front knuckles from an accord today and they worked perfectly...gonna swap them over to the lude tom...

Legend_master
11-08-2005, 07:58 PM
well I got a set of front knuckles from an accord today and they worked perfectly...gonna swap them over to the lude tom...

awsome keep up the good work.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-09-2005, 08:42 AM
i am still waiting for my cousin to come by with the bobcat so we can drop the motor into the bay, they ill take pics and keep yall informed on the AXLE situation

masterkillalw
11-09-2005, 07:32 PM
will let u know how my axles work in my lude tommorrow...

SQ is the SQUAD
11-14-2005, 06:34 PM
any word on that, i haven gone to put my suspension back together yet

masterkillalw
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
well they look good in my car...everything went ok other then the usual Honda bolt freezing in the control arm. Other then that everything is good. I will take more pics once my harness, cables, and more bolts come for my engine...

Accordtheory
11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
damn, I wish I knew for sure on the 3g...come on, guys, I don't want to be the guinea pig..lol

masterkillalw
11-18-2005, 12:25 PM
MORE PICS and I want to say sry for the quality on some of those pics. It was a free camera so I cannot complain to much. I wish I had a good one so u guys could really see everything. If you are ever in the Richmond area and wanna see it, let me know and we can set something up.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ3ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ3OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

This is part of the wiring harness. I have decided to go ahead and pull it all apart and use ONLY what I have to. I will be useing a 1990 Integra gauge cluster to help out some. I think there are 2 to 3 pics of the harness. It is quite long.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEzMjQ4ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Legend_master
11-18-2005, 03:49 PM
MORE PICS and I want to say sry for the quality on some of those pics. It was a free camera so I cannot complain to much. I wish I had a good one so u guys could really see everything. If you are ever in the Richmond area and wanna see it, let me know and we can set something up.

Nice job dude, the swap looks good. SO how did the axles fit, was it a tight fit or did they go in well? Also how did you do the shift linkage? Good job again on that swap.

masterkillalw
11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
axles seem to fit good...and shift linkage is real odd...mine is too short...so all I am gonna do is cut the B18 end of with some extra and cut my stock one of right at the weld...put the B18 one over that and extend it with that...gonna have to extend the other linkage aswell...dunno how I am gonna do that yet...

Accordtheory
11-18-2005, 04:56 PM
So neither side mount is done? it's kind of hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like that to me..

For wiring, rywire.com is hooking me up, for around $300. I spent a while on the phone talking to ryan and peter at rywire because I am a picky, perfectionistic bastard. I made ryan unwrap his electrical tape and change the harness at least twice..lol.. We went over the entire accord pinout on the phone, and how I wanted to set it up. There are additional wires going to the idle control, evap purge, map sensor, distributor, and vtec connections from the jumper harness at the ecu. I should be able to smog it in cali, if I keep it all ls or gsr, no ls vtec, which of course is what Ill have..sort of, I have a gsr crank.

Anyway, I'm still in suspense over the axles, and I would be curious to see closer pics of the completed side mounts..if I don't get my car together before then. I'm still waiting on the wiring harness, my b series crx swap mounts that I'll have to modify, and my action 2ms clutch..
I'm really hoping I can use integra axles..

masterkillalw
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
well I have to get my car to my old tech school to make the mounts and weld them in. thats the only reason why they are not done yet. Same with the shift linkage deal. I have to get them there and do the work then come home and make sure everything is good. I am not so worried about the linkage as it seems like its an easy fix. The mounts on the other hand I want to be perfect. I will be working on wiring tommorrow (Saturday)...

SQ is the SQUAD
11-19-2005, 03:30 PM
i am using the tranny mount bracket from a 96-00 civic. it shoulfd be the esiest weld job for us doing the b series swaps. i buddys civic got stolen over this weekend and they stole his jdm b18c, so i will be borrowing the tranny mount bracket for a while.

96-00 tranny mount

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7712/trannymount26sc.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/2975/trannymount16iq.jpg

90-93 integra tranny mount

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/6716/tegtrannymount.jpg

Accordtheory
11-19-2005, 03:53 PM
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/2975/trannymount16iq.jpg
That's basically the type of bracket that I plan on making..maybe I can get one somewhere, that would be cool, as long as it's mild steel so I can weld it onto the accord bay..

masterkillalw
11-19-2005, 04:40 PM
it looks different...is his hydro? just dosen't look right for some reason...OH I got it now. the plate isn't there. look at my pics and u will see the plate I am talking about. Plus I think mine is closer to the side rail then his is. might work for u guys with the accords though.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-21-2005, 07:35 AM
as soon as i get get incontact with a good welder i will get this taken care of

Accordtheory
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
it looks different...is his hydro? just dosen't look right for some reason...OH I got it now. the plate isn't there. look at my pics and u will see the plate I am talking about. Plus I think mine is closer to the side rail then his is. might work for u guys with the accords though.

yeah, it took me a minute to realize that pic is of a civic bay too..
I already bought a b series mount kit for a crx from ebay, so I'll have some fabricating to do..I think that bracket might end up being a little taller on my setup, who knows.

I just want to know about the axles now!

masterkillalw
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
I think they should work dude. just go for it...

Accordtheory
11-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll probably try to get some off ebay or something..

SQ is the SQUAD
11-23-2005, 07:03 PM
i was home all day today, it is too freekin cold to go out and play with the car

masterkillalw
11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
LOL...suck it up man...thats what I have to do. Should have my swap done by next wed. Should have more pics on everything and some good measurements on the mounts and what not. I am still doing this wiring harness and will be putting in the hoses, thermostat and hopefully the wiring harness tommorrow. will see about pics and what not.

Accordtheory
12-03-2005, 05:38 PM
has anyone actually tried to fit the stock accord's passenger side axle into the b series tranny? What are the differences between the 2, accord and 90-93 teg, or 90-01 teg?
..I might go outside and try to fit that axle into my 93 teg tranny right now..

SQ is the SQUAD
12-03-2005, 07:01 PM
when i go down into my basement, if i can find the accord axle, ill try to fit it but i think it is different on the tranny side