PDA

View Full Version : WTF, BIG freaken pain...

kaltenacht
10-30-2005, 12:08 PM
This completely sucks for me… I started up my car a couple weeks ago and noticed that none of the belts were moving at all. So after closer inspection, I found that the crank pulley was kind jerking a little bit back and forth. Me and my brother decided to take it out hoping that the crank wasn’t broken. So we took the driver’s side wheel off to get a better look… Took the crank pulley off, and we noticed, TINFOIL around the crank. By this time we both were like WTF? So we took the bottom piece of the timing cover off, and guess what? The belt tensionor for the timing belt was completely out of wack. You could see where it has rubbed a hole through the cover and completely broke it into several pieces. Some dumbass took tinfoil and BLUE SILICONE and patched the timing cover back together and put it back on the car. On top of that it doesn’t look like my crank pulley is the right one… Just when I thought there was intelligent life on this planet. :uh: So now I have to buy a new pulley and timing cover. And since I have it all tore apart I decided on buying a new water pump and timing belt kit, cause the timing shot on the car also. And of course a new valve cover gasket. Great luck for me huh? Ne one know of where I can get a complete Timing Belt kit? And how about a timing cover and crank pulley? :banghead:

cardoc33
10-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Check my website for the timing belt kit. I can also send a valve cover gasket set for $10.00 more.

kaltenacht
10-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Just an update but I checked my work today and I found pretty much everything Ill need expect for the Timing Cover and Crank Pulley check this out

Timing Belt Kit 45.99
Water Pump 24.99
Valve Cover Gasket 9.99
Cam Seal 9.99
Crank Seal 11.99

With Tax plus my discount It will equal to around 88$. Not bad for all that I guess. Guess im hitting up the local junkyards for the other two :sad2:

cardoc33
10-31-2005, 04:57 PM
I could match that. And save you a trip.