PDA

View Full Version : audiovox's fu#* up

Baveara
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
help i have just installed my eq and the damn thing makes this noise like it's trying to digitalize my sound its this really loud sqwuelch noise. HELP! its a audiovox # amp772 . weird but thats the part#:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: cool

HondaBoy
10-30-2005, 01:44 PM
sounds like its just defective. i'd say return it if you can.

my86dx4dr
10-30-2005, 02:56 PM
hmm, could be way off, but are there RCA's involved? could be interferance with power wires, make sure you run the power wires far from the rca and speaker wires...

i dont know how EQ's work, but then again, i use eclipse, not audiovox,

mkymonkey
10-30-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah its with higher end models, if your rca and your power lines are intertwined you will get that wizzing noise, but with the lower end such as anything audiovox, you will get it no matter what. what you can try, however, is a noise reducer. it may help or may not. like i said most of audiovox's products are crap, if they're not defective to begin with, they will be. i used to work for circuit city and we would always get anything audiovox back. especially in the car audio dept. i say just pay the money and get a better known brand.

GOOD LUCK THOUGH

lostforawhile
10-30-2005, 04:11 PM
ok it sounds like a ground loop,very common with audiovox crap,tell me how the connections are made,EG. rca to rca, etc. and i'll try to help you figure it out. have you checked your ground connections? what is the eq going to and how is it connected?

lamontlamont
10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
is that that little power booster with the built in eq? i think i had one of those. i had two actually, one used to get so hot the solder on one of the channels melted and stopped working. then i bought another one off ebay for 5 dolllars with shipping. i remember they make the stereo sound better than it would stock and i dont think they had rca's. what you need to do is keep all of your stereo wires as short as possible. also try to solder and not use those cheap connectors and last, use one of those noise filters. radio shack sells the noise filters. if these things dont work there really isnt anything else you can do.

i did like the way it sounded.