PDA

View Full Version : Seeking comments: Brake Rotors/Pads

visionguru
10-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi everybody,
Following the pointers given by posts in my previous thread, I ordered BREMBO rotors and PBR (Axxis) Cerametic Pads from NOPI last week. Unfortunately, they don't have the rotors in stock until 2 weeks later, which is more than I can bear, and I had to cancel my order.
My brakes are decent as of now, but the rotors are obviously worn. They have not been replaced in at lest 10 years! I want to restore the braking power of my 3Gee (89Dx Coupe). Hopefully, the new set of brake rotor/pads can last 1 or 2 years.
Here are my options:idea: :
(1) Still buying BREMBO rotors and top quality pads. (have to call around and wait for about 1 week).
(2) Buying cheap rotors ($10 or $15 each) from AutoZone or AdvanceAutoParts. Still use expensive performance pads.
(3) Cheap rotors + cheap pads (no?)
(4) Resurfacing the 10+ year old rotors on my car (cost $10 each), and use some decent pads.
What would you do in this situation? I hardly did any 70mph~0 stopping, and consider myself a very caucious and "gentle" driver.
Thanks for comments.

Busted_Blue
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
stick with 1. thanks =)

cardoc33
10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Check my website. I have everthing in stock NOW. It could be in the mail by morning.