PDA

View Full Version : Auto put into reverse while moving foreward.

conozo
10-31-2005, 07:57 PM
So my friends and i were driving back from a road trip and i let my friend drive so i could study for my test which was an hour after we got home. On the way back he was slowing down for a light going about 10mph he put it in reverse :uh: (for some unknown reason) the car jerked really bad untill i quickly slammed it back into gear. We kept on driving and everything felt fine. Untill a week later i was backing out and my front tires locked up. It felt like i hit something. So the tires lock up more and more and the jerking continued. I brought it into a transmission shop to get it fixed, and thats where it is right now.(hes paying for all of it)

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else on here and if getting your transmission rebuilt, does it ever drive as good as it used to. Im afraid it wont because it was perfect before and what really makes me mad is that i just put sport suspension in the other week because the car is in perfect condition.

daamizin1
11-01-2005, 03:13 AM
Ive put my car into drive too fast after backing up and snapped the drive axel but i put a new one in right away and it was fine after that.

SteveDX89
11-01-2005, 03:46 AM
I'd make him pay for it too. What a dumb shit. It will be just fine afterward. Just like having a brand new tranny.

POS carb
11-02-2005, 09:28 AM
get a price quote and then get that $ from your friend and use it towards a 5-speed
that tranny is probably farked

newaccorddriver
11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
get a price quote and then get that $ from your friend and use it towards a 5-speed
that tranny is probably farked

the total cost of all my parts for a 5 speed swap(new and used parts) was probably $400. lets see... $150 for the clutch kit, $100 for the tranny, $75 for the axle, and the rest were little parts that i needed but didnt have and some parts i got for free:).

buying an auto would probably cost about $100, and some labor for putting it in, but id go with a 5 speed, mainly cause not much can go wrong with it. asides from clutch wear, there isnt too much that can go wrong

conozo
11-02-2005, 04:42 PM
im just getting my auto fixed cause im not paying for it and im on the phone a lot while driving (for my business) so cant really have an manual for my main car. i admit, it would be nice to have a manual.

so its been in the shop for a week, ill let you guys know how it goes when i get it back.

Its been lonely without the car for that long.

cubert
11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
i did that once in my s10....was doing about 30...was messing with the ratchet shifter..tried to put it in nuetral and went to far...realized what was about to happen...listened to the tires chirp..slammed it back into drive...pulled over...cursed...took off...:lol: definetly scared me though

thank chevy for their turbo 350 tranny and the s-10s magical rearend...still going strong after who knows how many smokeshows and countless hours of being hammered on

make sure you smack this guy around who slapped your car into reverse...even if he is paying

conozo
11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Well i got the car back, took 8 days the place left me in the dark on when i was going to get it back and what the price was. It ended up being $1145. But thats not my bill.
The place tried to use the excuse that is hard to find foreign car parts in the us. I wanted to smack them in the face because it was built oh... about 40 miles from the shop. And pretty much anypart you can turn over and see Made in the U.S.A. on it. Idiot.
Anyways the rebuilt tranny seems to be working fine, im have to make a 5 hour drive tomorrow so i hope they fixed it right.