PDA

View Full Version : Need A New Radiator

EricW
11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
The top end tank on my radiator developed a small crack so now i need a new one. I was wondering if there is any performance ones available or just OEM replacement. I searched and the only thing performance wise was to fit an integra one. I know there is probably not any performance ones due to the lack of aftermarket for our cars but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Please post a link if you find a decent aftermarket one. I have been looking for a Aluminum one but cant seem to find one any where.
Thanks for the Help.

snoopyloopy
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
koyo hi-flow radiator:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-88-89-ACCORD-KOYO-HI-FLOW-NEW-RADIATOR-JDM_W0QQitemZ8011698817QQcategoryZ33730QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

it's been on ebay for awhile because i haven't yet come into the cash to get it. idk about the actual performance part, though. it says it's a brass/copper radiator w/ plastic ends. you could probably question them a little and see what they turn up with.

Vanilla Sky
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
to be honest, aluminum isn't the best material to use. if you are looking at two stock-sized units, go for copper. the reason to go for aluminum is because you can increase the size and not increase the weight.
if you're really not worried about cost, just have one made, or get one in the proper size and have it custom mounted. i'm sure one of the guys on PHGH could help you with mounting a radiator with custom brackets. it's not that hard of a thing to do. i'd def. check that out as well.

EricW
11-02-2005, 10:01 AM
So I guess i will just pic up a OEM replacement then since i don't feel like droping the money into a custom one or have the time to make one fit right now. Any one have any comments on which brand I should get. I can get a Koyo or a CSF of ebay or just go get one from autozone which is made by Transpro. The price will be just about the same no matter where i get it.

Vanilla Sky
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
don't you still have the one from your parts car?

EricW
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah somewhere. But that was a northern car w/250k on it and I'm not sure what condition it is in since the car had some front end damage and it may have been damaged when i thru it in the car with everthing else since i didn't reasemble any of the car it all just went in the cabin except the hood since it wouldn't fit.

Vanilla Sky
11-02-2005, 12:14 PM
i've got a few. good condition. two are very low mileage (replacements).

EricW
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I'll probably just go and get one from the parts store later today but thanks any way Derick.