PDA

View Full Version : simple question

b8er
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM
im looking at getting an se-i here in town, super cheap cause the motor is sized but i should be able to swap a motor pretty easy, now to the question:
is it normal for an 89 2 door se-i to not have a sunroof or power locks, my ex-i does and i just figured the se-i would too, just curious, thanks guys

SQ is the SQUAD
11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
i dont think my sei doors had power locks, cant rember, havent been in the car for 2.5 years, lolhink that the sedans where the only ones that came with factory sunroof

b8er
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
yea the car im driving now is an 87 4door ex-i and its got power everything, curise, sunroof, you guys know the rap sheet, it just struck me kinda weird that it didnt have power locks, thanks though

HondaBoy
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
yep, its a coupe right? didnt come from the factory with a sunroof, and who ever first bought it didnt have the dealership put one in. as for the door locks, i remember something about the coupes not haveing power door locks reguardless of trim level. if you have stuff to do a swap, then i say go for it. should be really easy if your just going to swap another FI a20 in.

NXRacer
11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
coupes and hatchbacks no matter what the trim level never came with a sunroof or power locks.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-02-2005, 06:56 PM
i got an aftermarked sunroof in my hatch, andd i gotta notch my doors to had in the factory power door locks

jman123
11-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Double check the fuel system before deciding its seized up.
I picked up an 89 LXI for $375, owner said the engine seized...actually fuel pump was dead. Used $35 one got it running again.

Lesson: Always double check the little things before jumping into a major repair.

SteveDX89
11-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Double check the fuel system before deciding its seized up.
I picked up an 89 LXI for $375, owner said the engine seized...actually fuel pump was dead. Used $35 one got it running again.
Lesson: Always double check the little things before jumping into a major repair.

Haha. What an idiot. The engine still turns over on a dead fuel pump. How could he even come close to assuming the engine was seized? Oh well. His loss.

Anyway, what Caleb said rings true.

b8er
11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
k sweet thanks guys, yea the motor is right f'ed, his dash lights didnt work cause there was a fuse blowen or somthing, i havent looked into that yet ubtsince the dashdidnt work his low oil light never came on and he never checked it so he said he was driving home then he turned onto his street and it started knocking then he hit his driveway and it just stoped running so the knocking part tells me that he spun a rod bearing which i wasnt hoping for,

i had a plan that when i got the car i would check and see if i could move the rod bearings side to side on the crank and it they moved then i would know that they were good and if they do move then all you do is pore a little deisel fuel in the cylinders and sometimes you can break the pistions free, but looks like im rebuilding the whole thing, anyways thanks for all the info guys, i might get some pics up if i get time

jonrichert
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
cool man, so did you buy the car now?
i might be selling my h&r's/tokicos/lude arms soon... they're like new. hit me up if you're interested for your new ride.

b8er
11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
yea i got the car 300 bones for an 89 2 door se-i, thats canadian too so i feel pretty happy with finding a rare care for cheap, just a little work, nothing i cant handle, how much for the set up jonrichert, PM me mabye we can work somthing