PDA

View Full Version : my car dead?!

hytro
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
guys i need help once again it seems now that i turn on the car i just a motor noise from the starter and thats it the car doesnt even turn on whats the deal :dunno: can you gusy help me please once again thanks in a dvance for the help.

AccordDX86
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
You need to say more than that. Does your car have spark? Have you checked for fuel? There are way too many possibilities, just start with the basics though.

Pro_Mod_Accord
11-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Check List for bad connections

> clean battery post connections
> check starter wire connections (clean/remove corrosion on connectors)
> check ground wires for corrosion(I think there are 3?)
> check curcuit fuse for ingnition system
> check for possible faulty wiring to ingition swith and to starter motor

If not:

- solinoid could be faulty (replace)
> starter motor could be faulty(replace)
- ingition switch possibly faulty

Oldblueaccord
11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
guys i need help once again it seems now that i turn on the car i just a motor noise from the starter and thats it the car doesnt even turn on whats the deal :dunno: can you gusy help me please once again thanks in a dvance for the help.

turn your headlights on and see if there bright. That will tell you if the battery is good or not. It should be 12.7v if you test it.

wp

3G Jester
11-03-2005, 07:20 PM
at least we know you have a key. that would be a big problem if you didnt have one of those :)

A18A
11-03-2005, 08:46 PM
itl most likely be the battery, mine makes constant clicks when i try to start it when the battery is flat

hytro
11-04-2005, 05:23 PM
well i figured out eh problem it was the starte the damn thing broke i was like wtf my uncle said when he was taking it off the starte wasnt properly tightend right so it causes it to break good thing i got lifetime warrenty on it