PDA

View Full Version : air fuel ratio help

frankie89
11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
well i bought this autometer air/fuel ratio gauge, and i need help figureing where the signal from the o2 sensor gose.. i know red is power, black is ground, and purple is the signal, i tapped the both o2 sensor wires and my air fuel gauge gose back and forth between rich, stoich, and lean. is this normal or did i tap the wrong wire help me out guys..thanks

Oldblueaccord
11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Where did you place the sensors and is it a wide band type unit.

The cheap types are only arcurate at or around 14.7 otherwise you see what your seeing on the guage.

wp

frankie89
11-04-2005, 07:44 PM
the sensor are on the mani but i tapped the signal wire to both of the sensors and all im getting is a wide range back and forth signal, i thought the signal was a steady reading not a fluctuating signal..i just wanna know if this is right.. dose anyone else have this prob...

frankie89
11-06-2005, 04:10 PM
well nobody knows??????

hot-87-hatch
11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
The oem oxygen sensor is not very accurate. You need a wide band sensor. It has a more linear voltage output. Your gauge is useless untill you get the wideband sensor. Even when you have the wb sensor the gauge is not really useful for tuning. It will just let you know if something is wrong. If you want a whole bunch of info on this subject, check out innovate motorsports website. The have a bunch of very informative video stream tutorials. Check it out.