PDA

View Full Version : the radio is blinking at me "hello KITT"

motoracerII
11-06-2005, 02:02 PM
hello all, am am not new here just lost my email acct, anyway,
i just got a 88 lx-i 4dr and the radio turns on/of intermittently as does the radio station illumination. the fuse under the dash is good, not loose or anything. i think im gonna just hardwire tap into the fusebox or cigg lighter (blasting tunes while workin on the car is goood) but i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. its weird sometimes the radio blinks on and off at an exact rate, like its a code :dunno: definitely not the radio i tried two stock decks they do the same thing.
and the lowbeams stopped working randomly, probably the stalk
and i got a code 17 randomly turning on the cel while driving. this hurts my noggin:uh: :lock:

mkymonkey
11-06-2005, 02:16 PM
what the hell are you sure your car is not haunted? and is it a stock stereo or aftermarket?

motoracerII
11-07-2005, 05:22 AM
i tried two stock radio's gonna try my aftermarket alpine today. i dont think it can be a short, it is always either the illumination or the power

POS carb
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
i have a problem on mine that resulted from me tapping wires to the radio fuse, the terminal became widened and the radio would cut out, I twisted the fuse and it worked. Now it has an Alpine with direct battery power, since I'm always working on the car with the radio on I don't have to worry about someone jacking the car when I turn my back

A20A1
11-28-2005, 11:39 PM
You mean this one?
motoracer (http://www.3geez.com/member.php?u=4753)

motoracer
11-30-2005, 10:33 PM
You mean this one?
motoracer (http://www.3geez.com/member.php?u=4753)
yessum sir thats me!

btw i put in aftermarket deck, tied the ignition lead and power wire together for radio operation with ignition off also hooked up illumination (doesnt seem to do anything)

anyway i am having a crapper load of electrical problems btw the lights and other shiznat... all i ask is for someone to post some stuff from the honda tech manuals, like...ALL the locations of grounds, radio circut, door chime, dash illum/night lights inc low beams, dome light (randomly burns out that too) btw the night light prob occured after i test swapped ONE rear speaker pass side, and yes i checked the connectors in that area.

edit:wtf i could swear i singned in as moto deuce.....

motoracerII
12-01-2005, 11:13 AM
can someone please help me with some kind of reference...a link to honda manuals for our car....i believe it was a uk aerodeck guy that had the manual on his site in pdf format...correct me if im wrong.

87accordlxi
12-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Pick a username. If you can't sign in on the original name, I'll email the password to you.

TheWatcher
12-01-2005, 03:30 PM
can someone please help me with some kind of reference...a link to honda manuals for our car....i believe it was a uk aerodeck guy that had the manual on his site in pdf format...correct me if im wrong.
SEARCH.

http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

BTW, since you're gonna put in the Alpine, make sure to get a wiring harness.

Peace.