PDA

View Full Version : speed sensor question

newaccorddriver
11-06-2005, 10:44 PM
right now im in the process of completing my 5 speed swap. pretty much everythings bolted into place, but im having a problem with the speed sensor. there are 2 power steering lines that are connected into it, does it matter if i accidcently get them mixed up or does it have to be in the correct one

A20A1
11-07-2005, 09:58 AM
hmm, I'm not sure, it just adds lubrication to the sensor.

The hoses should be hardened at the angles they connected to the ports... just see where they want to go and connect them.

Oldblueaccord
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Actually it lessens the power steering as you go faster. Its dependent on the speed of the vehicle. I dont think it makes a differance which way they go but im really not sure.

wp

POS carb
11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
that's a good question but you should try and connect them as stock. Look at the hoses they should be hardened to the correct angles where it is obvious which goes where. I'll try and check for you later

newaccorddriver
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
that's a good question but you should try and connect them as stock. Look at the hoses they should be hardened to the correct angles where it is obvious which goes where. I'll try and check for you later

i can sorta see how it goes by looking at the haynes manual i have, but im not sure. when i was removing the tranny, i got pissed off and slashed a bit of it off...