PDA

View Full Version : A few lighting questions

2drSE-i
11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
i was sittin there thinkin of something new and innovative (i.e. trying to think of a way to make my car cooler) and i got to lookin at my bumper lights. now, for the regular ones with the big gay orange reflectors in them, i dont think this wud be very good, but for the pcp clears or homemade clears, would it be possible to have them function the same as our corner lights?

the front facing bulb in both corner lights stays constantly on, acting as a driving light. the side facing lights on the corners stays on, acting the same way, until you hit the blinkers, and then it blinks, depending on the side you turn on. How hard would it be to rig the bumper lights to do the same thing?
also, wud i go thru bulbs like CT goes thru hand lotion?

i have seen pictures of the combination switch dissassembled, and i think i cud figure it out on my own, but i really dont want to fry anything important, so if someone could hook it up with a good diagram that wud be great.

another question, probably the easier of the two, do they make hyper white bulbs for our bumper lights and corner lights, ive had some trouble locating them.

PS, yes im a ricer, but i will be adding my new cold air intake (should be on its way,already bought it thru paypal, but havent gotten my DHL shipping info yet) and exhaust soon :)

crazykamper
11-07-2005, 07:32 PM
dude. i was wondering the same thing. i would love to have them on all the time, and be able to use them as turn signals.

2drSE-i
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
well like i said, i have it figured out which circuit needs to be tapped into, the corner turn signals, but i dont wanna go playin with my combination switch blind

crazykamper
11-07-2005, 08:00 PM
yeah. i used to have my fog lights hooked up instead of my parking lights, but i wired them back to normal, and have my fog lights hooked up to a different switch now. i would like to make my bumber lights be able to turn on when my parking lights are on, cause i would still have the corner light blinkers, but i wouldnt mind just having the bumper lights be on all the time....

2drSE-i
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
personally i think fogs and my idea wud be too much......but to each his own

gfrg88
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
all you have to do is take the wires from the corner lights and switch them with the bumper lights, ive seen a lot of people on here with them, i personally think this only looks good with the orange ones, or some kind of like really bright white blueish light in the bumper, not just the normal clear bulb....

88accordhb
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
adam, you bastard. :)

crazykamper
11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
its just ideas, ive never seen it before with both bumper and fog lights, so im guessing that it looks allright, not jumpin to concusions...

TheWatcher
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
also, wud i go thru bulbs like CT goes thru hand lotion?
:lol:

I hope everything works out. I would check w/ your local law enforcement, to make sure you aren't breaking any laws (you don't want to be pulled over and given a big ticket). For example, here in the 808, we have a law against blue lights. It's a misdemeanor, punishable by up to $1000 fine and a year in prison.

So be careful, and post the results.

Peace.

2drSE-i
11-08-2005, 05:08 AM
hehehe, the favorite part of my post

yea ive been pulled over for blue lights, he just gave me a warning luckily

2drSE-i
11-09-2005, 07:25 AM
bump, i was gonna use hyper white bulbs, not blue ones, it is illegal in all states to have front facing blue or red lighting

Robs89LXi
11-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Couldn't you just put in a dual-fillament bulb in the bumper, then tee off the wires that go to the side marker?

crazykamper
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
huh?? small words, that are under 5th grade level. lol.

Robs89LXi
11-10-2005, 04:51 AM
huh?? small words, that are under 5th grade level. lol.

"the side facing lights on the corners stays on, acting the same way, until you hit the blinkers, and then it blinks, depending on the side you turn on. How hard would it be to rig the bumper lights to do the same thing?"

The side marker light already does what you want the front to do. If the socket/bulb in the front bumper light housing is the same size as the side marker one, then replace it with a side marker one (cheap at a junkyard). Then, you could just splice into the wires going to the side marker, run as set of wires to from there to the bumper lights, and they would then function the same way.

I haven't actually looked at mine, but it should not be that hard.

2drSE-i
11-10-2005, 07:18 AM
well i realized this, but i would think it wud be easier to take the bumper light socket out of the combination switch and put it in the same socket as the side marker light (bad terminology, but u shud get the jist)

crazykamper
11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
are the wiring in the corner light and the bumper light the same almost??? could i just switch the wiring of both?? and have both do oppisit? sorry. im a noob, still havnt had a chance to look at my lights.....

2drSE-i
11-14-2005, 07:55 PM
yea you could, just swap the wires in the combination switch. problem is i dont know which ones

crazykamper
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
no, not like that, just switch it where the plugs are.., on the actual light....

2drSE-i
11-15-2005, 09:46 PM
no, their not even close. the corners use a tiny lil bulb, the bumper light uses a huge one (by comparison)

crazykamper
11-16-2005, 12:30 PM
danget, im using a huge bulb on one of my cornersm so far no prob, just one corner is crazy bright. lol. no blown fuses.......