PDA

View Full Version : A question

B3_Ex-i
11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Okay.....I finally got my car to start after trying for 4 days. But now, when I go to step on the gas to go, the car wants to die as if it's not getting gas or something. I already know that I have bad injectors, but would that be the reason it's doing what it's doing now?? I am not sure if there's a question like this on the board, that's why I figured I would ask so I would know where to look. Do I need to adjust the idle or do you think there's something else I can try?? I appreciate the suggestions.

Deadhead
11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
absolutely it could be that your fuel injectors are screwed.... take them out and soak them in some fuel injector cleaner for 24 hours or so.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Well if your injectors are bad then theres really not too many things i can think of that you can do other then try some good injector cleaner. Let the car warm up and see where your idle is, mine is around 700 or 800 and runs fine, if yours is really low then try to adjust it a little and see if that helps. That's all i can think of without changing the injectors.

Cant Stop
11-13-2005, 06:16 PM
hmmm does it run better after running it for awhile? my roommates scirroco runs bad until it warms up then it only runs fair we think the injectors are probably gunked up the car has not been driven properly for about 3 years.