PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

Fuzy Navel
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I know just about nothing!!! when it comes to suspension parts but im gonna replace my rear struts with the tokico's. It seems and sounds like they are good from what you have all posted. And where can i get some HR springs? And when replacing struts and spring's do you have to do some kinda alignment? A guy that talked to at a auto shop told me i have align them? wtf is this and how do you do it? I'm working on getting a manual to help me :) I found a honda site that has EVERYTHING on these hondas and even the shop manuals free to download for every year... And also do you have to go back with new bushings or anything? I would rather me do it then to pay someone 300 dollars to do it for me....Also what is the differnce from coilovers and struts and springs? or is it the same but differnt saying? :P

(I know bad spelling)

3gn86lxi
11-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow........you are new huh??
Do a search under this section and just start reading man, best thing you could do with all the questions you asked right there.
The search feature is a wonderful thing!:)

11-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Read, read, and then read some more. I was in the same position as you until last year. While I don't know everything there is to know, I can do anything I need to on my cars except major engine/body work. You can rent a spring compressor from autozone, but you'll find this accord has very narrow coils on the front springs. Do the rears first because it's fairly easy and if you're up to it try the fronts. You may have to look for special spring compressors for the fronts or you could take them to a shop so they can decompress them for you. It can be dangerous if anyone hasn't already told you that. Anyway, look everywhere online for info, not just this site. I got into this b/c my GXE maxima has power, but ride blows in a big way. I don't care how many max owners will tell you otherwise, it's inherently a poor setup w/o indepedent suspension, unlike the accord. It's nice having two cars, especially for work like this, but I wish I could put that V6 into my little accord. Anyway, read manuals, how to's, and do your homework before you buy/do anything. You'll be thankful you did later.