PDA

View Full Version : son of a... This is beginning to Piss me off!!!

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2002, 08:56 AM
Now I've been really anticipating this CT/New England meet that we're holding up here on the 25th (yeah like next f*cking weekend) and what has to happen.

I've been running around like a f*cking idiot trying to put my car back together in time for the meet. New struts, springs, brakes, rear disc conversion, bars, lip spoiler, the works. I even bought a new tranny off 88lxi68 to put in. That was the plan for this weekend.

So last night I get home, had the windows down, and when I pulled into the driveway.... ...WTF is that smell.... ...oil burning????

It was night, so the headlights were still on, and what do I see coming from under the hood??? Fucking SMOKE!!!!! I shut the car off, pop the hood, and check it out quickly. Looks like my head gasket sprung a f*cking leak. :ego: Now what the F*CK am I gonna do? There's a ton of oil on the underside of the hood, it got on the belts, it's all over the head, and exhaust manifold.... just a f*cking oily mess. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Looks like it's time for an emergency run to Autozone for the gasket, and a f*cking waste of 4 hrs. that I could've spent on the other shit that needs to be done.

:flame: :lol

MiGeY
08-16-2002, 10:26 AM
damn that sucks bro :(

1988starter
08-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Why are you posting here you should be working on your car.

Neuspeed87lx
08-16-2002, 11:55 AM
need a ride to the meet?

POS carb
08-16-2002, 01:05 PM
are you sure it's the head gasket? every time you take off your head your in for an expence of anywhere between $60 and $600 cuz a lot can go wrong. check out the valve cover gasket, check the power steering hoses, you know. Don't pull off the head unless you must.

YK86
08-16-2002, 02:09 PM
I really don't think it's your head gasket. It must be something like what POS listed because I can't see how oil would get all over the underside of the hood with a bad head gasket. Valve cover gasket, cam seal, P.S. system, something like that would allow oil to get on the belts and spray everywhere. Maybe you need to clean it, run the car for a tiny bit and see where the leak is coming from.

markmdz89hatch
08-17-2002, 08:26 AM
yeah, after a second and third look, it seems like the head gasket is not out of the question, but there are a few other possibilities. I plan on cleaning in a few hours, then tomorrow running it to find the source of the leak.

Yeah, as far as the head, there's no way I'm messing with it unless all other options are exhausted.

ACCORD EX
08-17-2002, 12:38 PM
by the way only get genuine gaskets !

i would check for valve gasket first ! :)

MIKE

jteuton
08-19-2002, 09:53 AM
a head gasket would probably leak oil and coolant internally so i would check other possiblities first....