PDA

View Full Version : My accord is a third gen, but my VIN is 97's

Mario Calero
11-11-2005, 02:24 PM
First of all, this is my very firts thread, I've just registered, greeting to all you folks.

Well, I live in Managua, Nicaragua.

I've got a Honda accord LX third gen, however the vin number ( 1HGCD5646VA082666 ) says it is from 1997, I bought this car a year ago, and the legal documentation says it's a 1997 model, The circulation of the vehicule says 1997. However, my car is definitely a Honda accord third gen, it has an engine code HHN2.0V2FEF3, moreover, it's a carbureted model, it's kind of old, its parts are old, and definitely it is not from 1997.How could this happen?

Thanks in advance.
Mario Calero

A20A1
11-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Hrm... stolen vin? Did you you check the vin number on the firewall behind the air fitler box?

3G Jester
11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
yeah stolen ride. welcome to the board! i beleive you are our first and only nicaraguan. we have several over seas members so thats cool :) you should sign the map...hopefully your car's only problem is the VIN number and all else is good. you should just make sure you have proof that you bought it that way so noone tracks the vin and thinks you stole it

you can use the search button and find most answers to damn near every question. and one thing you can do to get a little more power to your ride is a EFI conversion (change it to fuel injected)...goodluck and welcome aboard.

Oldblueaccord
11-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Its possible that the car sat at the dealer and wasnt titled until it was sold or something wierd like that. International did that. My scout says 1972 because thats when it was bought but its really a 1971 by the parts ,grill, motor combo. My friend had a 77 that really was a 1974 model. It had drum brakes and the grill just like a 74.

Or its stolen which in your case shouldnt matter much. Id just run it and hope the cops dont know the differance.

wp

NXRacer
11-11-2005, 06:31 PM
and i'm not aware of honda doing like what VW does and make new versions of the OLD Beetle.

probably a stolen car. Check ALL the vin numbers (if they're still on the car). There's one on the dash in front on the left side of the car, one on the door, one on the fire wall, and i believe there is one more somewhere else.

XBoom135
11-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Stolen or not, good choice! Welcome to the board.

Cant Stop
11-12-2005, 04:02 PM
old blue that makes no sense no matter what year a dealer sells a car the title will always give the correct year of the car a car brand new in 1970 and sold in 1980 will not have a title stating that the car is a 1980 but will say it is a 1970 you may be seeing is the year the title was issued
if not then both of those vehicles are stolen with junkyard vin plates. this is a very common problem especially with cars that dont have many body changes for several years.

Oldblueaccord
11-12-2005, 05:01 PM
old blue that makes no sense no matter what year a dealer sells a car the title will always give the correct year of the car a car brand new in 1970 and sold in 1980 will not have a title stating that the car is a 1980 but will say it is a 1970 you may be seeing is the year the title was issued
if not then both of those vehicles are stolen with junkyard vin plates. this is a very common problem especially with cars that dont have many body changes for several years.

Your right it doesnt. I dont see how it was even legal either but thats how it was. Maybe the laws changed it was the 70's :lol: Not fair thinking you got a 1980 International Scout II and really it sat on the dealership lot for three years. And yes there no body differance. They just changed the grill design.

Remember he's in a differant country our rules arn't there's. Its probably that the car was stolen state side likely in Florida put on a cargo ship and sent there.

wp

Mario Calero
11-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Well, Thanks to all you kind people for your comments, I feel comfortable with you guys. Sorry if I get to mistype some word or even phrases trying to say something and then saying other, I learnt English 23 years ago when I was at high school, Spanish is my native language of course since I'm Nicaraguan.

I'm proud for being the first Nicaraguan signed up at 3geez.

This last weekend I ask my mechanic to look for the VIN number elsewhere, but he only found the motor serial code which is according to the one in the circulation of the vehicle, he said if this number is the same as the circulation paper, I shouldn’t worry, police matters this motor number, not the VIN which is matching the circulation too anyway.

I decided to forget about this, I don't care anymore, I meet a owner of a real 1997 accord model and he told me my third gen accord is better and more reliable than his 97's accord.

I feel proud to have a third gen accord, I don't care if the stole it sometime ago, I bought it a year ago and now it is mine, something than I notice is that the ending numbers of the VIN are 666 :ugh:

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my very first thread.

Count on me if anyone of you ever happen to visit Nicaragua.

Mario Calero
Managua, Nicaragua

3G Jester
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
you english is bangin dude. only a few misspelled words but your spelling, grammer, and vocabulary are actually quite better then most of us here. haaa. i hope you signed the map. thats my big thing.

all your base, are belong to us.

if you ever come up to america you have a lot of people to visit. i dont know how your junk yard support is down there, but a lot of the people on here get replacement parts, EFI conversions, armrests and other stuff at junk yards. if not you might have to get a few care packages from one of us to keep your girl on the road if anything happens :)

1ajs
11-19-2005, 05:04 PM
lol stolen ... they had lots of them stolen and driven threw mexico lol my mother had ares down in mexico and she was chased by police cause they thought it was stoeln back in 93 lol

googled your vin car fax has no reports so who knows maybe it was imported in 97 and they had to change the vin or somthing stupid like that never know