PDA

View Full Version : finished my swap, reverse lights not working

newaccorddriver
11-11-2005, 08:08 PM
i just finished my 5 speed swap and apparently my reverse lights arent working. i hooked up 2 wires from the transmission into the old gear selector switch and the lights dont work. then i just twisted the 2 wires together and they still dont work. anybody know whats wrong with them?

Strugglebucket
11-11-2005, 08:36 PM
did you hook them to the right wires on the shifter? i don't remember what the colors are but on your other post someone said it was the black w/green stripe and the yellow wire. if in doubt, just grab your old auto shifter and use a tester to see which pins on the harness have continuity only when the shifter is in reverse.

newaccorddriver
11-12-2005, 12:04 AM
did you hook them to the right wires on the shifter? i don't remember what the colors are but on your other post someone said it was the black w/green stripe and the yellow wire. if in doubt, just grab your old auto shifter and use a tester to see which pins on the harness have continuity only when the shifter is in reverse.

i cut apart my old harness to make a new one for the reverse lights. ive looked at the how-to and loked at the connectors/harness, the lights still dont work. im not completely sure, but its a slim chance its the reverse sensor in the tranny, but its hard to say cause just crossing those 2 wires doesnt do a thing

Deadhead
11-12-2005, 10:59 AM
just a dumb question here, but did you check to see if your bulbs are good? did they get shorted out when you were doing the swap?

newaccorddriver
11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
just a dumb question here, but did you check to see if your bulbs are good? did they get shorted out when you were doing the swap?

my battery was out of the car before i started the swap and they were working perfectly before i even started the swap

Strugglebucket
11-14-2005, 07:00 PM
you can check if the reverse sensor in the tranny is working by checking for continuity between the two wires that come from the tranny when you put it in reverse gear.

newaccorddriver
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
you can check if the reverse sensor in the tranny is working by checking for continuity between the two wires that come from the tranny when you put it in reverse gear.

any cheap ass voltmeter would do the trick wont it? whats weird is, when i just cross the 2 reverse wires, it SHOULD have the lights on, but it doesnt...