PDA

View Full Version : source of radio's constant power

StressSolutions
11-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi...Just got an 88 LX, (164,700, auto) which came with a cd player shoved into the radio hole, but not hooked up. Found the diagram in the Haynes manual somewhat helpful, but I think I shorted the constant power somehow, since there is not any any more, and the clock doesn't keep track of time. Resets to 100. I checked all fuses in the fuse box under the dash, is there another location?

I did a search, couple times, couple different ways, so any and all helpful responses will be appreciated. What is commonly experienced fuel economy?

Thanks, Mick:cheers:

88LXi/87CRXSi
11-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes, there's a fuse box on the passenger side, under the hood. Check fuse no. 11. My milage is about 31 to 34mpg, but mine's fuel injected.

StressSolutions
11-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I saw that box but hadn't dived in yet. I did a search right after I posted about fuel economy and got a lot of info. Thank you! mick

Good call on the fuse box under the hood, Just like it was posted, #11, red 10 amp fuse blown, a quick change and back in business...Thanks again!

Oldblueaccord
11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
There's and audio section on here too. they would know better. Just guessing there is a constant power wire in the radio hole or you could use the one from the Honda clock up on the dash or the one for the cigarette lighter. Use a 12 volt tester (light) and probe them wires.:rockon:

wp

DBMaster
11-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Roger says, "Who you gotta probe around here to get a Chardonnay?"