PDA

View Full Version : Boxes too small?

FyreDaug
11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I made boxes for my mb q pce 216's, and if they are completely in their spot tight down, they have a buzzing sound, sounds like something is vibrating, liek a blown speaker. I dont know a whole lot about boxes and I figures these are small, but they are sealed enclosure.

I think I'm gonna get some port dimensions and try it out, see if I can get em to sound better. Otherwise I'll just scrap em, it was first attempt anyways.

So I guess the question I'm asking is if you have boxes too small can they make the sound described? They sound awesome for low vocals and crisp bass, but when it comes to a bass guitar or something they buzz. But not when they arent sealed tight.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
It might be that the magnet of the sub it touching the box and making a buzz sound, or maybe the sub is blown.

3rdCoast
11-13-2005, 11:19 PM
i looked up what speakers u had and my search showed that that's a component set. U made a box for that? im just curious y? R they kickpanel boxes???? I would have just used the factory locations and some sound deadening.... The box could be too small....a loose wire could be the problem too...

POS carb
11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
usually that comes from the tinsel lead (the wire that goes from the terminal into the cone/voicecoil) hitting the back of the cone, bend the soft wire to the side (up against the spider) and when you let go it will fall into a spot away from the cone.

FyreDaug
11-14-2005, 04:50 PM
But its only when the box is tightly sealed with the speaker in place, I put a 1" dia port by 1.5" in length and it doesnt do it anymore. Sound deadened the box too.

I built boxes for them so I could get some decent low's outta em, didnt sound good and didnt have good projection in the doors. Now the speakers are angled up and you can hear em much better.

3rdCoast
11-15-2005, 10:12 AM
oh so u made kick panel pods for them?????? so its all good now problem soved?

FyreDaug
11-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Yep, all good, except I didnt want them ported, they dont get the lows quite as good as they did when it was sealed, but atleast it dont buzz