PDA

View Full Version : Yet another clutch cable issue 87 Dx

A2B Accord
11-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Just tryin to figure out if i need another cable. I installed new clutch / throwout bearing the other day with no problems. Put everything back 2gether and adjusted the cable but noticed no matter how much i tightened it the pedal was still loose. Cranked the car with pedal down (and in 1st gear) the car jumped foward like the pedal wasn't down. I had to snatch it outta 1st to get it back in neutral and now it wont go in gear at all. When we do take up slack on the cable the pedal still engages but not enuff to go in gear. Does it sound like a cable issue or bearing issue? Keep in mind the bearing and Clutch are new.

cardoc33
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Make sure the cable is seated in the bracket on the trans. The rubber grommet may be hung up. Pull up on the cable to take up all the slack, then seat the gromment in the bracket, then turn the knob all the way down on the grommet. Step down on the pedal a few times to seat everything, then check the slack pulling up on the cable again. Adjust as needed. Repeat.
If this doesn't cure your problem, you have an issue inside the bellhousing. Time to yank the trans again.

A2B Accord
11-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Damn, i'll try it. I was hoping i wouldn't have 2 do that. Any chance at all its not the cable tho. The clutch install went damn near perfect. Everything double checked before we put the tranny back on. Nothing seemed outta place.