PDA

View Full Version : air box sensor, need help

fraza
11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
i got an accord as my first car, a 87 4door with a a20a4 engine in it
i was putting on a cold air intake, but as i was removing the airbox i realise there are 2 little hoses going into it, i unscrewed the little box and all it is is a little piece of pipe poking into the airbox, im sure pretty much everyone knows what im talking about.
i was not sure to what this actualy dose so i stuck it all back to stock untill i know what i should do with this.

can anyone give me infomation as to what is it, what is dose and what to do with it

thanx for all your help

PhyscoDboy
11-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Its the oil breather(coming from the valve cover) If you looked around you can find alot about it on this website. Your new intake should have a place to run the hose into.

fraza
11-15-2005, 03:49 AM
nah not the breather hose, the pipes actualy go into the air boxC:\Documents and Settings\jay\My Documents\My Received Files/airbox

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-15-2005, 06:40 AM
That just goes into your fender, and there is a little box inside your fender too. Just rip everything out, follow all the pipes and pull out the box in the fender too. all you have to do is buy a breather which is like a small filter for your oil breather on the valve cover. I dont have any hoses or anything coming off my intake, its just a solid tube with a filter. I have it on my engine here is the link.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099

fraza
11-15-2005, 09:28 PM
when you say the pipe to the fender, you taling about the air passage, because the little pipes are on the oposite side of that, i had another look, one of the pipes goes to what looks like a pump thin with a couple of wires coming off it, the other pipe goes to a vacume thing then into the back f the intake

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-16-2005, 12:56 AM
All i did was rip out everything that had to do with the intake system. Then put on the intake tube with the filter, and then put a breather on the valve cover.