PDA

View Full Version : help asap please!!

crazykamper
11-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I can not wait any longer to get my headlights, and i need something cheap and fast!, i got pulled over for my headlights not bien bright enough, good thing i had my fogs on... :sad2: i only got a warning..... I was looking at ebay, any preferences??? i would like seller names, or the links to the auctions (if they are still valid...) are there any problems i should know of, like i said, i need it ASAP!!! im gonna be borrowing a car till i can get these headlights on, im looking for the cheapest, but most durrable best quallity....preferebly with the city light, but not a necessity... I just need them so they dont leak like some people said thiers did, scince i am in Vancouver,Wa and it does rain like 5 or 6 days a week.... please let me know asap... thanks. sorry for any inconvinience.

Blkblurr
11-15-2005, 08:59 PM
What do you mean they are not bright enough? If they are DOT approved, they are bright enough. If your standard headlights are dim have you checked the voltage at your battery? It should be 12 volts or more if the car is not running. around 13.6volts running. If your headlights are dim with these voltages, you most likely have worn wires going to your headlights. You will need to replace or repair the wires.

bobafett
11-15-2005, 11:41 PM
yeah 3g headlights arent bright, but if they are bad enough to get you pulled over, its probably not the lamps you have now. and when you buy new lights, they will probably still be too dull...

as for who to buy from off of ebay, just look at their feedback, if they had 10 feedback, and another guy has 10,000 its usually a safe bet to go with the one with more/higher positive feedback.

on the other hand, most 'cheapo' headlights on ebay are poor quality anyway. you get what you pay for, so if you are concerned about leaking, dont get lamps with city lights, thats just another place to leak... also you can always try to silicon in the lens from the housing when you get them...

cheapest, but most durable best quality cancel each other out... if you want cheapest, get cheapest, if you want durable and best quality, they are not going to be cheap.

not sure how much any of us can help you

crazykamper
11-16-2005, 07:02 AM
ok, thats kool, who did you all buy your lights from??? ....

2drSE-i
11-16-2005, 07:23 AM
dude just search ebay, and look at the guy with the highest positive feedback %. We can't help you with exact users, because we dont know exactly what you want

Deadhead
11-16-2005, 07:41 AM
i know that my old headlights got really really dim.... dim enough that i could hardly see at night, and it wasn't the wiring. Just the cheapo headlight housings from autozone. I bought some diamond cut lights off of ebay and they have been great, other than the minimal side to side viewability, but i think i just have to get off my lazy bum and adjust them. Make sure to ask the seller questions about the item such as if they are made of plastic or of glass. Don't buy the plastic housings, i don't think they would be an optimal choice.

Check you wiring, fuse, battery, and your alternator also, it could very well be the those just as much the headlights.

cardoc33
11-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Check my website. I sell some Hella lamps that are quite good. All glass, no plastic. Bulbs included.

crazykamper
11-16-2005, 12:17 PM
i ended up buying some off ebay, i just got the ones that the guy, forget his user name, but the one thats new and posted pics of the blue city lights.... i got the same set as he did, hopefully they dont leak like almost everybody says.... i just got some bulbs, and i tried them out, they are wayyyyy better than stock, so its just my headlights i guess..... so yeah. anything else i should know, what are some of the ways that you all keep out the water, if you get any inside ur headlights. cause i do live where it rains like all the time... is there any way to keep the water out of there in the first place??? im thinking that i may invent some kind of draining system if it gets bad...

A18A
11-16-2005, 12:36 PM
cops over there must be strict :S we can drive around with no lights at all, no bodykit, no hood no boot no windows and wont get pulled over :S we must be lucky over here

crazykamper
11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
yeah. cops are pretty strict, they aint really cops, they are state troopers.... anyways, anybody know of any ways to repair the leak and the moisture stuff, im still thinkin about making some kind of draining stuff to keep the water out of the headlight area.....

bobafett
11-17-2005, 12:57 PM
cdscowboy (matt) made some sheet metal sheilds a couple years ago, they just forced the water to avoid the headlight, im sure he has pics of them, should be easy to recreate, or maybe he would make you smoe for some $$$ (i know he sold a couple pair years ago)

POS carb
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
if the lights are dim they probably have bad wiring, usually a bad ground. Try running new wires to the bulbs