PDA

View Full Version : i fixed some of my car :D

A18A
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
i fixed the radiator, lighter, light in the roof, hazard lights, new wheel, mirrors and gauges :D all thats left is the headlights, hood, trunk and front window :) yippy

how i fixed the huge split in radiator:
i got a normal strip of wire, pulled out all the wire in it and slighlty put the wire in the gaps and got the lighter and melted it into the radiator and now there no split :D

the lighter:
when i pulled out the stereo i saw there was a unplugged plug, so i plugged it back in and it was working but the lighter didnt fit so i had to take it out and swap the metal parts for another one and bend it in a bit and it worked :)

i dunno how i fixed my hazard lights but i remember i threw a couple of tools in the car and it hit something :S maybe that could of fixed it and it also must of fixed the mirrors.

the gauges i just printed out some more, made more proffesional cuts and removed the needles to put them in.

the light in the roof i have no idea whats wrong with it but it only works when you open the door but it wont work when its in the on position :S

and the wheel i found in my dads garage :)

and now that i FINALLY have enough money to buy some parts, im looking for a hood, trunk and headlights :) im too much in a hurry, allready taken of all the parts i need to replace except window. see...

sorry for big story, plz dont flame :(
http://xpt.xteme-host.net/blah.jpg

mkymonkey
11-21-2005, 12:51 AM
wow...no one cares....and can you please just burn your car?

Blkblurr
11-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Your hazzard light switch stops working when the contacts inside get coated with old greese. Take it apart and clean the copper contacts and it will work fine.

3G Jester
11-21-2005, 08:11 AM
adrian thats not cool. hes taking care of what he jacked up. putting his mirrors back on and taking off the tile grout. give the give some credit for turning it around.

looks good man :) get some more pics up and what do you have planned for the engine?

AccordDX86
11-21-2005, 08:31 AM
At least you're turning it around. Will the car be driveable?

justin79
11-21-2005, 08:39 AM
hey good work man! nice to see somebody taking the time to get it going!!

Cheeseburger
11-21-2005, 09:53 AM
don't burn ur car man lol keep it up and maybe it might make it as accord of the month lol

3G Jester
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47179

that was you before we helped you turn around. :) im glad too see its doing very well. looks much better with the mirriors ;)

Cheeseburger
11-21-2005, 10:58 AM
yep its like u care about ur car now yay!!! lol

mkymonkey
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
ok ok....i guess i was out of line. i had a couple beers last night. lol....anyway what i meant buy no one cares...was that no one posted since he started the thread...so i was dumbfounded. and about the burn your car thing....well ill take that back. i havent been really following the process of this car after the tile grout thing.

but after you decided to turn it around.....i give ya props

ex1z7
11-23-2005, 02:17 AM
You really have to be brave when undertaking a project such as this - knowing you're only 13, you have till you're 15 till you get your L's, and another year of drivin' on your L's to get your P's - unless NZ uses a diff system to Aus.. So you have the next 2 years to work on the car and make it somethin' special.

The most major, important part of advice I have to offer is - learn to be able to let go of the entire thing, if, the frame is damaged too much.. If it's all panel when who cares - fix whats broken, but if the main frame is assed up then buy another car when you get the money, and use this one for parts.

Then again, if it is just panels.. Go for a bodykit if you can get one for cheaper then original, mint codition panels. a fibreglass hood can be cheaper then an original hood, and it wont rust.. Look around for alternatives to everything - research everything you can.. find out which year range of accords/rovers/integras/civics parts are interchangable..

You might find that your dads 4th gen door fits your 3rd gen accord, look how it's all put together - it might match perfectly. Or not.

Keep us posted on what you're doing with it - get it legal first, then make it pretty to look at.

russiankid
11-23-2005, 11:33 AM
put the bumper on, get it repainted and be carefull, it will look nice