PDA

View Full Version : my 89 accord

justin79
11-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Ok hey all, ive have a few questions on my 89 accord. I've been looking around for the engine type, so fisrt off its an 89 accord 4dr,lxi, or here in canada its says exi on the trunk, it has power everything, and a programed fuel injected engine, i have replaced a few parts like starter,alternator,ball joints, now it needs cv shafts, but my question is the engine and type what can i replace it with? the body is great! no rust and id like to keep the car for as long as possible but im new and need help! so the model of the engine would be a good help ive entered my vin on many web pages to find info on this car but it is from hamilton ontario canada! it has 220,000 kms and runs great, just wanna get the info for my future mods! thanks for your help JUSTIN79

NXRacer
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
ok, i'm gonna go ahead and be a jerk.

SEARCH

thats why its there.

there are no readily available motor swaps for your car. One motor bolts in (JDM Accord B20), but its very difficult to find and harder still to find good parts for.

all other performance mods can be found by searching too.

justin79
11-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Well NXracer thanks for the honesty! lol ive been doing some research, but only find what other people have done to there cars, which is fine but i myself dont even know what some of it means lol ive been told i have an A20 engine, and could put a prelude engine in, but really right now looking to upgrade the front end meaning new control arms and struts,cv shafts, due to the fact i live in timmins ontario and the roads here are not the best! lol and i really want to keep this car! really nice shape i am the 3rd owner of the car everythings works, its had the rear panels replaced as its was eatin up by the salt i guess in hamilton! anybody from ontario that could point me in the right direction on where ti buy good parts for my car!!!! thanks JUSTIN79

gfrg88
11-16-2005, 08:25 PM
http://3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

that should answer a lot of questions you might have....