PDA

View Full Version : StressSolutions intro...

StressSolutions
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
On Halloween I took possession of an '88 Accord LX, bought it on an online auction...which means I had not driven it, or looked at it other than the pics they had posted online. Seems kinda dumb, when you consider that I bought it with the intention of driving it round trip 130 miles per day couple days per week. (If that happens, I hope the gas mileage improves a lot)

Another reason for this purchase is to relieve the '04 XG350L of some town duty, short trip duty, etc. Plus I hope the Honda mileage will improve and surpass Hyundai...Anyway, LX was advertised as having a bad tire, cracked windshield and some rust. I put in a new battery, added some gas and was able to drive it around. One rear tire was not entirely round! Pair of tires. Rear brakes makes noise, new shoes and cylinders. Exhaust is broken, near the flange in front of the rear tire...easy fix. Muffler has some small holes, nothing to worry about now. I changed coolant, oil, air cleaner, plugs, so far I've put in about $300 in repairs, add to the purchase price of $230...still doing ok.

Factor some cold weather...tromp the gas once, turn the key, it starts. Runs very rough, will load up and die. Rats...so sit in it and kick it if bogs down, soon it runs well enough to warm up. I will need to do some choke work, some looking at smogs, vacuum lines...if anyone wants to suggest some things, please...

In addition to the Hyundai, I've got a 94 F150 which towed Honda home. A wife, dog, cat, house, garage, boat, lawn mower, weed eater, my CI is improving all the time! I've been a cashier, dishwasher, prep cook, maintenance man, bus driver and dispatcher. I'm in business as a massage therapist and have a product brokerage/internet marketing biz on the side. Probably more than anyone wanted to know...Oh, and I'm a section moderator on www.bodyworkonline.com loads of fun. :hs: