PDA

View Full Version : heater and motor mounts question

bock207
11-17-2005, 09:39 AM
I got my accord about a month ago, and since I've been driving it I've noticed a few things that I'm wondering if it is just something with the accords in general, or if something is wrong with mine. First off the heater takes about 10-15 minutes to blow even warm air, and i checked the coolant level in the resevoir and the radiator and both are fine. Also most of the time when i shift the car makes a bang, and I'm wondering if it could be a broken motor mount or something.

EricW
11-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Where does the bang come from? Front? Rear? and what does it sound like its coming from.

And welcome to the board.

AZmike
11-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Your thermostat may be stuck open. Does the temp gauge show that it takes a long time for the coolant to reach operating temperature?

Blkblurr
11-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree. Sounds like a thermostat is stuck open. Also does sound like motor mounts are broken

bock207
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Yes, once the temp gauge gets up into the middle it works fine, but it takes forever to get there, so I guess I'll try to replace the thermostat. The banging is definately coming from the engine compartment. At first I thought it was just my shifting, because this was my first manual car I've owned, but i had my buddy who has an rsx try it out, and it did the same thing for him, so something is definately wrong. A thermostat I can handle replacing, but my next question is how hard is it to replace a motor mount?