PDA

View Full Version : Any way to raise an accord?

x89LXIturbox
11-17-2005, 12:09 PM
What can you do do possibly lift/raise accords a few inches? any help would be great.

FyreDaug
11-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Hockey pucks in the springs....

Or the real way and use some rubber shims. You wont be able to get it up much higher, the best you can do is have the suspension fully extended when its on the ground.

3G Jester
11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Hockey pucks in the springs....

you wacky canadians....

i doubt there are lift kits for an accord. actualy. id say no out right. your best bet is assess how much you want it raised. why do you want it raised? are you gonna try and put 22s on it? if so stop breathing.....er i mean reading. if you want it raised i woud say break out the welder and find a lift kit for a smaller truck and go to town with custom modifications, welding and fabrication. hope that answers your question.

jonrichert
11-17-2005, 01:08 PM
What can you do do possibly lift/raise accords a few inches? any help would be great.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/j.richert/4x4_3g.jpg
:werd: looks easy man... you just have to change the entire chassis.:idea:

bobafett
11-17-2005, 01:13 PM
with stock shocks and adjustable coilovers you could raise it up, but the firmer spring rates might cause your shocks to wear out really fast. although because u will not be low, they wont be working AS hard.

ebay coilovers is what i would suggest for starters.

why are you tryign to raise your car?

3G Jester
11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
chris wouldnt coin overs give an inch raise max? i would think that he would need change out the entire suspension for a true lift for a few inches that would last longer then it would take for the springs to over work and compress

bobafett
11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
the most he could get is the ammount that the shocks compress under the weight of the car... basically he would have to raise the coilover as high as he could, pulling the strut cylinder out as far as he could. this would effectively preload the springs. im not sure how much height he would gain, cause i have never tried it, but the stock height is monster truck approved, so i cant think of a reason that I would want to raise it. :)

actually now that i think about it, i really doubt you would gain much, because my accord is lowered maybe 1.75-2" right now, and my ground controls are as high as i could get them without the adjustment tool, its turned touching the top of the strut now, and i can only get it so might tighter by hand... so maybe coilovers isnt the best option...

cardoc33
11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Aren't 4g accord shock assy's longer? Use a 3g top hat, and there you go.

Legend_master
11-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Take some shocks for a 96-00 civic and kit them into the fork of the accord, Then remount your accord spring on them, but then you will have positive camber and I am pretty sure they don't have positive camber kits for accords, this means you will need to bend the Control arm to allow for the change. With that out of the way, why the hell would you need to raise the accord. If this is some kind of rally thing, why not just use the stock hight with some REALLY stiff struts or something. The accord sits pretty high as it is :dunno: .

x89LXIturbox
11-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, my car is pretty much shot due to it being my first car and all. I take it offroad/rally it alot and take it in the dirt. I figure have fun with it while its still running. I think I might take a look at the spacers. Cheap and easy to get. Thanks for all the imput.

x89LXIturbox
11-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Also...
Could I put long travel shocks in and possibly springs from a small truck? I was wondering if that much work

A18A
11-17-2005, 08:09 PM
ahahahahah shit dat accord is tight haha id love that monster, wonder what kinda engine it has hehe so funny

gfrg88
11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
hey i remember that accord when i first started reading this site :lol: