PDA

View Full Version : alarm system????

justin79
11-20-2005, 11:50 AM
so im driving my g/f to work one day and all of a sudden the car starts going off, well an allarm is going off and im driving the car, its new to us we were not aware of an alarm on it, so i drop her off drive away, to get home but it starts sputtering and dies on me while the dumb a$$ alarm is going off LOL,poeple looking at me as if i stole the thing!!! anyways i changed the alternator on the car very simple task! but now for this alarm, what kind is it? how do i find out? can i take it off? and wheres the remote to turn it off? is the a universal that can be purchased? HELP JUSTIN79

A20A1
11-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Find the speaker (usually in the engine bay) and follow the wires to the box, it's probably inside the car somewhere.

justin79
11-20-2005, 01:49 PM
hmm that might explain the lil red button under my clove box??? i gotta do some looking il post after thanks for the help!

russiankid
11-20-2005, 07:17 PM
should be under the dash where the fuses are, thats the most common place, the button is to disarm the alarm, previous owner may have put it there, but really the unit is somwhere else, the button should be hidden and only you know where it is, its common to have it near the unit where the fuses are, previous owner put it there so no one could find it but him, good luck!!

p.s. it isnt to hard to take it off, but if its a good alarm, just buy a remote at any local car audio shop, they should have it, or order one for you, but you would have to program it.