PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Job!

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Here are pictures of my car painted. Spyder body kit, Fiberglass Z3 fenders, Shaved moldings and emblems.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099

88Accord-DX
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Not bad. What kind of paint is that? Here are your pics. :)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_16_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_17_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_19_full.jpg

2drSE-i
11-21-2005, 07:04 PM
get some clear corners on that thing! and headlight and grille trim

low quality pictures but it looks BADASS

TheWatcher
11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Not bad. What kind of paint is that? Here are your pics. :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_16_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_17_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2110000-2110999/2110099_19_full.jpg
Thanks ddude2uc, the link didn't work for me. :)

LiTtLe xOx BitT, looks good, nice color for blue, reminds me of the cobalt blue on the gameboy advance sp. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think I can see an outline (or a change in color) where the side molding was shaved. :dunno: Is it finished, or are you gonna repaint the doors? What happened to the area where the door was shaved.

Anyway, looks good. :)

Peace.

gfrg88
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
looks good man, nice clean work :rockon:

BDaccordguy
11-21-2005, 08:50 PM
i agree with the wierd looking spot on the doors.. but im wondering if its just the change in angles since it seems the paint is metallic.

1320boy
11-22-2005, 12:12 AM
looks bitchin man. :) What rims are going to go with?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Well the car isnt finished yet, it still has to be wet sanded and clear coated. The spot on the door is the flash from the camera. The paint does change its a blue pearl, it changes depending on how the ligh hits it from a blue to a purpleish color. It was raining when i took the pics but i will get better ones when its clears up and gets sunny. I do have the grill and all that but theres no point of putting it all back on if i have to take it all bake off soon to finish, i just have it like that so i can drive it. For rims im getting a 6 spoke rim painted high gloss black and the outer part of the spoke will be painted the same color blue. Thanks for the comments.

HondaBoy
11-22-2005, 06:51 PM
nice color. thats a good color to put on there. not that it means anything, but i'd say go with the blue and do some black here and there. like blacked out tails and front lights. that'd look good. what's the story on the wheels? got anything for it yet?

crazykamper
11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
wow! looks interesting, but to each his own, as i was lookin at my lights the other day, i was wondering if anybody has ever did a carbon fibre weave on the headlight cover things, whatever you wanna call them. headlight trim... the parts that he is missin....

gfrg88
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
ive seen the whole pop up light housing or whatever you call it in carbon fiber in a trueno before maybe they fit our cars, just an idea :dunno:

A18A
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
no offence to all 3geez people but the rear of a accord looks so square :S maybe if it was a bit more rounder it would be better, but yes, the paintjob is so beautifull, i love it :), all you need now is wheels, maybe you want some like mine? :P (dont bring your car near mine, you might catch its rustatitus)

mkymonkey
11-23-2005, 03:44 PM
uh.......ok ^^^^^^^

nice job on the paint. now get some wheels dude, 17" would probably do it justice. and i would go for a 5 spoke wheel.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
nice color. thats a good color to put on there. not that it means anything, but i'd say go with the blue and do some black here and there. like blacked out tails and front lights. that'd look good. what's the story on the wheels? got anything for it yet?
I am going to do all the trim, mirrors, rims, tail lights, corner lights, and maybe some graphics in black. And the interior is going to get changed from tan and black to blue and black. I dont have any rims yet, i am waiting til after winter to get them and a carbon fiber hood.

Gemini2003
11-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes this car looks sweet :-) I can't wait till spring when i can get my beast on the road again :-) I have to get alot of hard work done ove rthe winter! Car looks awsome That paint job made thoes fender vents look way way better :-) Good job man

v3rs3
11-24-2005, 05:21 PM
To each his own..... Since you did post this on a public board I think the car is ugly. Not saying it's not a good example of work, just the kit is ugly as sin and you said you were going to paint your interior, that's tacky. Whatever though, you're 16... you'll learn soon enough. Nice car for your first car I suppose.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Well here are some clearer pictures www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099. And im 19 not 16, this is my girlfriends user name, i cant get on my user name from her house. And yes this is a public board and i appricate all comments good and bad because like you said to each his own. Im not too worried wether everyone likes it or not, i just want to show people how much time and effort was put into the car to make it the way it is. And i have only been working on the car since may, so there are many things still to come, the body work was just the begining.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-25-2005, 08:45 AM
To each his own..... Since you did post this on a public board I think the car is ugly. Not saying it's not a good example of work, just the kit is ugly as sin and you said you were going to paint your interior, that's tacky. Whatever though, you're 16... you'll learn soon enough. Nice car for your first car I suppose.
Well i did a little reasarch on your posts and all and i found one that said this "I'm going to give it a spraypaint job, b/c the whole car looks like it was in the middle of a paintball war and has spraypaint down the rear. So I'm painting it, hopefully tomorrow. Just make it look unique and clean at the same time". Now how are you going to say that you are spray painting your car and then make fun of me for doing it to my interior. Then make fun of me for making my car unique and clean when you said you want your car to look unique and clean?? your completly contradicting yourself. Not only that, it says you have 9 posts, and in a few of them are making fun of what someone else did or said. And not to be ignorant but i havent seen any pictures of your car and have not seen any posts by you saying you did anything to modify your car in any way( you might have but i didnt see it). Dont just go around criticizing what everyone else does without posting some pics and saying what you did, so someone can criticize you.

lostforawhile
11-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Well i did a little reasarch on your posts and all and i found one that said this "I'm going to give it a spraypaint job, b/c the whole car looks like it was in the middle of a paintball war and has spraypaint down the rear. So I'm painting it, hopefully tomorrow. Just make it look unique and clean at the same time". Now how are you going to say that you are spray painting your car and then make fun of me for doing it to my interior. Then make fun of me for making my car unique and clean when you said you want your car to look unique and clean?? your completly contradicting yourself. Not only that, it says you have 9 posts, and in a few of them are making fun of what someone else did or said. And not to be ignorant but i havent seen any pictures of your car and have not seen any posts by you saying you did anything to modify your car in any way( you might have but i didnt see it). Dont just go around criticizing what everyone else does without posting some pics and saying what you did, so someone can criticize you.well i'm glad you did the work yourself,even if it is not absoultly perfect,it's still a hundred times better then some ricer kid who paid big bucks to have someone else do it. when someone asks you who painted your car you can tell them you did. thats something that not everyone else can do. we get a few people who do nothing but put other peoples cars down,they ususlly don't last,there is really no right or wrong with custom,thats why it's called custom. it means to make it the way you want it, now all the kids who buy premade parts and slap them on a car, thats a different story. it could be the worst custom part in the world but if it's something someone made with their own hands,it's still better then all the blinking neon,parkbench winged,fart canned cars out there. Hopefully i will be finishing my paint before too long,I'm getting all the body work finished up now.
r

v3rs3
11-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Well the Accord isn't my main car. It's only my winter beater that's why I'm spraypainting it. Spraypainting interior pieces is tacky though. It's just ugly, even most show cars with colored interior is ugly. I stick to stock or no interior. I haven't posted pictures of my Accord yet b/c I work a lot and when I get home I'd rather just relax. Yeah you've probably did more to yours than mine, but I don't care much since I only paid $80 for the car.

My Corolla is my main car I fix up. I have posted pictures of it in my first thread I made in the newbie section. I'd be glad to post pictures of it if you would like. It is very clean with the original paint and no hideous body kits. But if you are trying to say I have not built cars myself before you are mistaken.

You say your car is clean. Hmmm maybe in your sense of not being dirty, but clean to me mean clean lines and bumpers/wheels/exterior pieces that match the lines and styling of your car. The bumpers you have on your car don't fit the style of the car at all. But whatever I was only giving you constructive criticism, negative is better than none at all. I mean if you like it that's all the matters.

v3rs3
11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, and if you try to say that I'm just a bandwagonneer with a Corolla and the whole drifting craze you'd also be incorrect since I've been in the scene since '01-'02

lostforawhile
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
if you are not interested in fixing up your accord then why are you making negative coments about other peoples cars that they have worked hard on? yea a Toyota is nice but this is a board about 86 to 89 accords,or honda cars. I don't make negative comments about your toyota because i have never fixed one up, when you do some work on your car then you have the right to comment on others peoples cars. if it's just a winter beater and you don't care what happens to it, then use this site for info and keep the negative comments and smart ass remarks to yourself. Yes i read the rest of your posts.

gfrg88
11-26-2005, 12:12 AM
:lock::bandance::lock:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-26-2005, 12:27 AM
if you are not interested in fixing up your accord then why are you making negative coments about other peoples cars that they have worked hard on? yea a Toyota is nice but this is a board about 86 to 89 accords,or honda cars. I don't make negative comments about your toyota because i have never fixed one up, when you do some work on your car then you have the right to comment on others peoples cars. if it's just a winter beater and you don't care what happens to it, then use this site for info and keep the negative comments and smart ass remarks to yourself. Yes i read the rest of your posts.
Excatly what I was getting at, you just put it in better words.

lostforawhile
11-26-2005, 12:44 AM
QUOTES FROM V3rs3Rice
You can't drift with a front wheel drive car. Sure you can have fun and stuff, but if you go to a drift...
So people walk by his car and are like OMG BIG TACH!!1!1!!1 Must be an autozone special.
What? Put a baby seat in the back next to a pile of groceries?
To each his own..... Since you did post this on a public board I think the car is ugly. Not saying it's not a good example of work, just the kit is ugly as sin and you said you were going to paint...
Well the Accord isn't my main car. It's only my winter beater that's why I'm spraypainting it. Spraypainting interior pieces is tacky though. It's just ugly, even most show cars with colored...
negative negative negative:uh: since you are so negative I'm entitled to one comment,and i don't even like negative comments, why don't you take that pos toyota and drift it off a cliff,eithier say something good or shut up. there i've said my piece and i'm out of this discussion.

mkymonkey
11-26-2005, 08:47 AM
ok ok.....i like the paint, but the kit just seems a lil generic for these days. i know there is a limited amount of kits we can put on our cars, thats why i prefer not to put one on my car (but then again i dont like kits to begin with). but again your car looks good just good, for now, until you finish it. SO GET TO WORKING! AND MORE ON THE ENGINE.

2drSE-i
11-26-2005, 09:50 AM
i like the kit and i like the paint job, good work man :)

no more negativity or the mods will ban those who are involved. ive seen them ban for less :kekeke:

lostforawhile
11-26-2005, 09:57 AM
oh I like the work he did,I just can't stand i when people who don't care about the cars come on here and run other peoples rides or ideas down. like I said before if you have done work on an accord fixing it up,then you can comment,if you never have don't run other peoples ideas down. I'm not usually the negative one.

2drSE-i
11-26-2005, 10:50 AM
oh no dont misunderstand i know what ur saying. talking mostly to dipstick :)

2drSE-i
11-26-2005, 10:53 AM
You say your car is clean. Hmmm maybe in your sense of not being dirty, but clean to me mean clean lines and bumpers/wheels/exterior pieces that match the lines and styling of your car. The bumpers you have on your car don't fit the style of the car at all. But whatever I was only giving you constructive criticism, negative is better than none at all. I mean if you like it that's all the matters.

i hope your not saying your car is clean......i noticed in ur sig pic that u have mismatched wheels..........but i digress from the topic, nice work on your car tom

88Accord-DX
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Read the rules of this forum guy. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. No one needs to hear your negative bullshit. OK....
Have some dignity in your post along with respect on here.. Thank You..

v3rs3
11-26-2005, 02:58 PM
i hope your not saying your car is clean......i noticed in ur sig pic that u have mismatched wheels

lolololololololol.....You're kidding right??? Those are snowflakes on the back of my car with crap tires for a drift event. On my black Supras I have 4 RT-615 Azenis.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
ok ok.....i like the paint, but the kit just seems a lil generic for these days. i know there is a limited amount of kits we can put on our cars, thats why i prefer not to put one on my car (but then again i dont like kits to begin with). but again your car looks good just good, for now, until you finish it. SO GET TO WORKING! AND MORE ON THE ENGINE.
Im hoping to have the engine done by spring so i can take it to the track and get som1/4 mile times, the hard part is i just need to get the money and time to do it lol.

lostforawhile
11-26-2005, 07:29 PM
:)
oh no dont misunderstand i know what ur saying. talking mostly to dipstick :) hehehe hey buthead he said dip stick hehehe :lol: i know i understand what you were saying i was just making a point, i don't mind constructive criticisim i have changed a few things on my car due to it and it looks better,but i was talking about flat out running people down with smartass coments

gfrg88
11-26-2005, 07:40 PM
lolololololololol.....You're kidding right??? Those are snowflakes on the back of my car with crap tires for a drift event. On my black Supras I have 4 RT-615 Azenis

even if your car didnt have mismatched wheels it would still look ugly