PDA

View Full Version : Car pulling to one side.

Mars
11-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Ive notice that when im on the highway, when i am on the gas my car pulls the right, and when i let off it jerks to the left. Sometimes its more than others, any ideas?

halxi
11-21-2005, 09:19 PM
main drive wheel is the right wheel

everyones car here pulls to the right when they get on the gas i believe

FyreDaug
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
but it shouldnt be that bad, mines out of alignment and it doesnt do it that much. First of all, check tire pressure, make sure both tires are the same front/back, if that doesnt fix it, get an alignment done. <9$0

Selfmindead
11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
It maybe out of alignment, when I lowered my car & put the springs & struts back in it seemed to wander on the open road, I never really gave the engine enough shit to see if it was pulling to one way, but now its had an alignment its a lot better, mine pulls to the right under braking so I’m thinking a seized calliper =(

smufguy
11-22-2005, 01:39 PM
its most probably cuase ur Camber on both is either tires is off. I have the same problem, i hit the gas....... the car pulls right........ i let go.......... it veers left. Its retarded, but its cause the camber is not right. U sure none of ur lower control arm is bent or anything?

FyreDaug
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah was the car in any kind of accident?

EDIT: Ever?

Mars
11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Not that i knwo of.

Its in excellent shape otherwise. I did however have the rack an pinion replaced this year, im thinking mabye they didnt align it right

AZmike
11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
its most probably cuase ur Camber on both is either tires is off. I have the same problem, i hit the gas....... the car pulls right........ i let go.......... it veers left. Its retarded, but its cause the camber is not right. U sure none of ur lower control arm is bent or anything?

Do you mean caster or camber? A caster difference has the most impact on steering feel and camber has the least. Are your front tires different? Are you certain that your radius rods are tight?

smufguy
11-23-2005, 08:15 AM
mine does that cause of the camber. if the camber is different on two wheels, the will go straight on the run, but upon acceleration or decelration, it will veer to the opposite side of the tire with the most negative camber. which is what mine does.