PDA

View Full Version : ?how do i flush my radiator?

Chrome_thangs
05-05-2002, 09:42 PM
I need to add coolant to my radiator but it's full of plain water. How do i get all the water out and start all over. Will just plain water hurt my engine? Also, what is the ratio of water to coolant?

anchovies
05-06-2002, 12:30 AM
plain water won't hurt your engine...but it'll freeze when it gets cold...its summer now so its okie

to drain your coolant..open the small drain at the bottom of the radiator...it has a plastic (white?) knob

coolant: water (50/50)remember to dump the water frm your overflow tank also..just pull it upwards

u need to loosen the bleed bolt and then fill the coolant+water to bleed the air
start engine let it run til normal operating temperature (fan turn on)..then just add more coolant mix and your're done

oh yeah..don't forgot to close the drain pipe b4 filling
hope tht helps

88WhiteLX-i
05-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Oh man that's a big mistake putting in all water in your engine... If you do it'll rust the fuck out of your radiator and clog up your system. So it's NEVER alright to just put water in there :rolleyes:

smufguy
05-07-2002, 05:34 AM
yeah, since u have the water already in your cooling system because u flushed it, i am pretty sure u gotta use the 50/50 coolent. How did u flush it? just the radiator or did u get the penzoil one and flushed the whole system? well anyways, just make sure u dont let it sit over and cause rusting too. I wondered about the same thing, how can u get the water out if u flush your freaking system?? :confused: but i have all my parts stripped from the engine so its easy for me to clean it up good. Well anyways, take care man. HOpe everything works out for u. Have fun and good luck.