PDA

View Full Version : 200 accord

touring 1
11-22-2005, 08:55 PM
my buddy told me about a neighbor selling his 3g for 2 bills. i needed a POS to get to work in the snow. my other car is a z06. but this thing is one of the nicer cars I have ever owned. the previous owner kept receipts for axles(crackling CV joints), and a couple other things. anyway the car's paint was blistered, cracked clearcoat, etc, etc,but straight tub. so I got the factory color redone, not thinking I couolda got a cooler color. anyway, to day I am here to thank all the great cdontributors with so much knowledge of the car. I love learning new mechanical things. and being able to remove the fuse block to uncover a fuel cutoff relay has been my best car find this year. Thanks esp to Paul in Russia for posting the manual. Indispensable.

Now, can anybody tell me what the mistique is about this car? I mean, several people are broke students, but many of us have real jobs, etc, and could afford much newwer cars. What is this car's secret attraction to you all? It reminds me of the beetle and microbus when I was in my 20's.

HondaBoy
11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
i think most of my attraction to the 3gee is the body styling. its not all rounded off like newer cars. i think its a classic design that doesnt go out of style. and another thing that draws owners of 3gee's is that they are very reliable overall. things that have to be replaced can be done easily and cheaply. that's why i've kept mine. i can drive the shit out of it and it takes it. i have a datsun for a project car, but i still dont love it, as i do the accord.

russiankid
11-26-2005, 01:39 PM
i like it because of its body style, the way the engine sounds, the way it handles, the many features that could be done with it, has a torquey engine, well for me atleast

Robs89LXi
11-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Oh, 245K miles on the original engine, yet still getting 27mpg, and being able to peel tires in first, shift to second and chirp them again, yet carry all the kids and a large trunk full of groceries, still without any wind noise or squeaks anywhere? Nah, it's the flip up lights, man!

3G Jester
11-26-2005, 02:41 PM
i sold my 3 g 3 years ago. lorsd knows why im still here and still trying to find a nice 3g for a daily driver. i love my 6th gen v6 coupe...but the 3g...its tits.

russiankid
11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh, 245K miles on the original engine, yet still getting 27mpg, and being able to peel tires in first, shift to second and chirp them again, yet carry all the kids and a large trunk full of groceries, still without any wind noise or squeaks anywhere? Nah, it's the flip up lights, man!its all bout the lights, every car old car has 245k mile sin ur cas or 136k on mine, that runs great, peels out, doesnt squeel or anything:bowrofl: :bowrofl: