PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for 3geez: Enable searching without registering

suvsareretarded
11-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi! I'm new here, so please don't take offense, but it would have been nice to be able to search your forums for information without having to register. I don't mind registering, but it is a kind of pain in the ass/ big brother type approach we want to know who you are and get your email address before we let you search our information type of thing.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think! I just think it'd be a bit friendlier and more open that way :)

suvsareretarded
11-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Uh... I only clicked 'add new topic' once, not sure why there appears to be 3 of them. :sad2:

FyreDaug
11-23-2005, 09:15 AM
It used to be like that, I dont keep myself signed in at work and I dont post a whole lot at work, sometimes I just like to browse through stuff. Its kind of a pain to sign in, but it doesnt take that much effort. I suppose youve got my vote to put it back aswell.

SteveDX89
11-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I feel the same way. When I come across other boards where I'm looking for information, I want to just search but can't because I have to register. As far as this board, it don't matter to me, I'm signed in all the time.

86AccordLxi
11-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Well the search function is pretty server-intensive from what I understand, so it makes sense (at least to me) that people register to use the service.

Alex

88Accord-DX
11-25-2005, 02:44 AM
I've done asked this question in the "foundation" forum part of this site. I see many other sites that have the ability to search without logging on. The response that I got was " If you want to use the service, take 5 min. to register."
I don't know how important it is or not to enable the function, but 3geez should get with the times. 20 year old car gets 20 year old service I guess.
Sorry, I just tell it like it is..

AccordEpicenter
11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Sounds like you have a bone to pick with the SUV crowd. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

88Accord-DX
11-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you have a bone to pick with the SUV crowd. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
If your talking to me man. I wasn't trying to come across like I have bones to pick with anyone. That is not the case what so ever. I thought it would nice to be able to search without logging on. I really don't care if you can't search without loggin on, cause I have searched enough on this site to find what I need to know
Anyway, that might be a good thing it isn't like that so banned people don't have that benefit. The search button might take a little more software or something like vBgarage needs, who knows & who cares....

2drSE-i
11-26-2005, 11:07 AM
suvsareretarded is his name ddude lol

AccordEpicenter
11-26-2005, 11:39 AM
haha sounds like ddude2uc has a bone to pick with ME lol ;)

A20A1
11-29-2005, 10:40 PM
SUV's are pointless...

as for everyone knowing your e-mail, only certain people will have access to that information, and if you're that concerned just make a one time use e-mail address just to get registered.

suvsareretarded
11-29-2005, 10:59 PM
So what's the verdict?

A20A1
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Well the search function is pretty server-intensive from what I understand, so it makes sense (at least to me) that people register to use the service.

Alex

That pretty much is the verdict.

mkymonkey
11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
dude, just register. if youre really concerned with the whole email thing, just do like a20a1 said, get an address especifically for this site. plus, how many computers do you check this site on? and how many people use those computers? more especifically how many people of the people that use youre computer log on to this site besides you? just click on the leave me singned in option and dont worry about it. i did it on both the computers at work and at home. no one else besides me logs on to the site, so i have no prob.

suvsareretarded
11-30-2005, 07:13 AM
What server is this running on? Seems pretty speedy to me. >shrug<