PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of engine swap

mike_fx_u
08-16-2002, 08:00 PM
files are large 700k each i will zip all and put for download tomarrow for more convience.

website of pictures of swap (http://www.angelfire.com/super2/mikefxu/)

mixmatch
08-16-2002, 10:16 PM
bandwidth exceeded...guess alot of ppl looked today...so ill have to try later

anchovies
08-16-2002, 11:23 PM
mighty mighty big pics u got there..need a projector screen to see it
but very informative:omg:

88LXi68
08-17-2002, 09:34 PM
i want to see these pics!!! email them to me or something

mike_fx_u
08-18-2002, 06:56 AM
ill put up another site with lower resolution photos and zip both low and high resolutions for convience.

88LXi68
did u have to cut hole larger where cold air intake goes through body and what diameter tubing did u use.

Mike Rollins
[email protected]

88LXi68
08-18-2002, 07:08 AM
Finally got to see the pics. Looks good. What do you have done to the engine? On my intake I did have to make the hole larger. What I did was take the longest screwdriver I had and start bending the circle to make it larger. I used 3" piping BUT I would HIGHLY recommend you use 2.5" if your car doesnt have heavy mods. I regret using the 3" since I just have basic bolt ons.

mike_fx_u
08-18-2002, 12:18 PM
here's the bad news, just a new engine no mods as of yet. i want to do intake, exhaust, a performace cam, and ignition upgrade. i was going to do a performance clutch and some other mods but these engines don't have many aftermarket mods available. if i got a performance clutch it would beg me to run the shit out of it like i did the old engine before i threw a rod. iam going to paint it also. I just need a car to get me to point A to point B in a little bit of style and 30+mpg aint bad either. i might get some 18"s later on but i really dont want to spend 1300 on what i really want. my current car is barely running so i need my honda back. i think my next project will be finding the lightest honda that a h22a can fit in easily w/ little mods. because there are alot of aftermarket performance mods available for the h22a. maybe i can find a 91-95 civic hatch with a blown engine.

Mike Rollins
[email protected]

Justanothermike
08-18-2002, 10:41 PM
H22 KICK BUTT:super:

carotman
08-20-2002, 04:42 PM
where did you get that new engine from?

mike_fx_u
08-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Before I get started, yes I did spend more money than I should have, $1600, but www.powerpro2000.com is the only place I could find that would back their engines with a 5yr/100,000mi warranty. With the time Iam putting into this vehicle I do not want to do this again (if I had chosen a used engine or a sub-par rebuild). All components of engine are new except: block, head, and crankshaft; which are machined and pressure tested before reuse. I was going to get a hyandai or kia($9000) when I blew the orginal engine, but I figured $200(carpayment) + $200(full coverage insurance) =$400 a month for 4-5years and I decided f**k that. I would rather put up $2000 when all said and done and have a vehicle that will last me 5+ years and also pay only $100 a month insurance premiums. I only spent $1300 on the car when I got it with 120k miles on it due to a blown head gasket which was an easy fix. So with the money I will and have invested, if i decided to sell it later down the road I would get my money out of it. I will post my progress and pictures as I go. I have one month remaining till I have to have it done due to borrowing my grandfathers garage. As of now Iam ordering some parts from Honda such as oil baffle and oil pickup becuase they were destroyed by rod that flew out the engine through the oil pan.

Mike Rollins
[email protected]