PDA

View Full Version : ECU Problems?? 87 dx four door

AKKORD_gLADIATOR
11-23-2005, 03:19 PM
ok. i'm looking at an 87 dx tomorrow. the girl i'm buying from says the ecu is not working. everything inside comes on, but the engine wont turn over (i think is the problem she told me) how hard is this to fix, and how much should i look at spending? if i fix it, i can get it for about 500, and it has new starter/ alternator and various other parts. any help is appreciated.

mark

FyreDaug
11-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Well unless its a dxi, exi or sei it doesnt have an ecu

shepherd79
11-24-2005, 06:08 AM
if you are going to look at DX, it wont' have ECU since it is carbed engine.

make sure the engine turns over. as long as it turns over you will be able to fix it.

if engine doesn't turn, feels like it is stuck or you don't hear any noise from starter trying to turn over. stay away from that car.

FyreDaug
11-24-2005, 07:05 AM
You could check fuses, wires, battery, starter etc. See if you can get a crank bolt (sorry dont know the size myself) and turn it over by hand, make sure its not siezed up.

AKKORD_gLADIATOR
11-24-2005, 11:54 AM
You could check fuses, wires, battery, starter etc. See if you can get a crank bolt (sorry dont know the size myself) and turn it over by hand, make sure its not siezed up.

she did say there was a fuse that kept blowing when the mechanic put it on.. i'll have to see what fuse and check it out.

:dunno: