PDA

View Full Version : This is a special case, lot of patience please.

Mario Calero
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Well this is me again, this is my third thread, I live in Nicaragua, a speak Spanish all the time, my English is not so good.

I’ve got a Honda Accord Third gen, LX Model, 1987.

Engine code HHN2.0V2FEF3
VIN number : 1HGCD5646VA082666
Motor number : ES22534436
It's a four door sedan, manual transmission.

I’ve got a faulty carb, This car is making about 12 miles per gallon in town, I’m getting less than half the original gas mileage of my accord. I know most of you doesn’t concern too much for this, if you get a faulty carb, maybe you just replace it with an original model, some other fellows even change the carburetor system to other more powerful or economical system, others adapt a different kind of carburetors ( Webber for example), I don’t have too many options here, there are five junk yards in the whole country, they specialize in recent car parts ( Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan), they rarely import Honda accord 3g parts, accessories at most, getting an original carburetor here is as easy as getting a Concorde reactor, that easy.

Some mechanic checked my carburetor, he said I’ve got a two barrel carburetor, one of them is faulty, it has a open side like it has lost pressure on it, I don’t get it too much, but it is letting too much fuel pass through and waste, he said I must change it as soon as possible, but he said I would hardly find an original carburetor for my accord, he said I should change to a more simple carb like Toyota 3k or Toyota something, I cant’ recall.

Well, It’s been almost a year since that checkup, apparently all others parts are ok, spark plugs, air filter, etc, but I don’t know, unfortunately I know very basic mechanic, but I just joined 3geez, I need some technical help and advice.

It could be possible that some good nature fellow would help me get another carburetor?, I feel terrible at this moment because my poor English doesn’t help me to explain the real problem, indeed I could have problems explaining it in Spanish since most terms are strange for me, but the final fact is that I need to check my fuel system and need another Carb, maybe replace some other parts, buy basic accessories, some kits, I don’t know. I don’t have an international credit card to buy some used parts from the Web, I won’t do that, I need advice first. I know this is quite a common problem and I apologize if some ( hundred ) times this question has been asked, but the fact is I need foreign help to get some parts, I would send the money via western union, I’m willing to spend as neccesary to fix it up, just need a helping hand.

Some fellow said someplace:
"whenever i had crazy problems with my stock carb I'd go to the u-pull and get another one for ~$50 If all the emmissions tubes are still intact the car should start right up with a new (used) carburetor, best to get one from a car that is crashed and hasn't been sitting with the hood open and a puddle of water in it"

I want this kind of help.

FyreDaug
11-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I could possibly help you out, however, shipping would be alot I think. I'm in Canada and there are alot of yards around here with 3g's in them. If its a carb you need, I can get that for you, so long as you cover teh cost of the carb from the wrecker and the shipping costs, I dont have a problem with it. Let me know before hand, sometime this week I should be going out to the wreckers

Mario Calero
11-24-2005, 07:22 AM
I've got a contact person at this address ( Oscar Moraga) :

1445 WEST FLAGLER ST. MIAMI FLORIDA 33135

Thanks in advance.

Oscar will pay the shipping to his address, the he would send the carburator to me in Nicaragua by mail. I work for him as a system support for a small company in Managua, he pays me $150 a month, I hope this would be enough to pay all the bills.

Sorry for the mess up, It is very important for me.

Figure out the cost for sending the carb to this address, let me know.

I appreciate you're willing to help, you're my very first and only choice at this moment, but if somebody lives nearby Oscar, maybe it would be cheaper the shipping.

One more thing : Is it true that ANY carburator from an accord 86-89 will fit mine, is it so simple?, should I buy any other accesory or installation kit or something, please, let me know.

Mario Calero
Managua, Nicaragua.

Address:
Plaza España 4 cuadras abajo, Optica Pereira 1 cuadra al Sur, mano izquierda.
Managua

russiankid
11-25-2005, 07:46 PM
you should buy a carb rebuilt kit, yes the carb that you will recieve in the mail may work, but in the future you would want to rebuil it so you can forget about for the next 15-20 years, and yes 86-89 accod carbs will fit your car

FyreDaug
11-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah if I go pull a carb for you, I cannot guarantee it working, and if it doesnt work, it would have to be sent back to me, ill get it traded in for another one, and send it back. It could be expensive if it doesnt work.

You could still rebuild your carb, if you are unable to get one of those in your area, I could send you one, for much cheaper than sending a carb. It may sound difficult, but even back in grade 9, my first mechanics project was rebuilding my friends carb. If you know how to do puzzles, or build lego, you should soar through it. All you have to do is make sure you label what goes where and follow the instructions. Its simple, let me know!

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 06:56 AM
i can get you a carburetor for $25 plus tax and shipping, but i can't guarantee that it will work.

Mario Calero
11-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I've read your kind suggestions and I'll try the carb rebuilt kit, it is cheaper and (in a way) is more guaranteed that it will work than try a used one that may not work and send it back to the states and change it.. no, I'll try the KIT.

I'll already give a contact person address in Miami, he will pay the shipping and all other stuff, he will send the kit to my hand in Managua.

How could I send you the money to your hands so you can buy the kit for me?, May I use Western Union or something?, How much it would cost the kit?

Thanks in advance.

Mario Calero
Managua

speedpenguin
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
paypal, man, it's the only way

Ludi Mali
11-28-2005, 06:06 PM
you should have your contact person buy the kit so you only have to pay for shipping to you, not from someone else to your contact and then your contact to you. or buy it online

Mario Calero
11-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, first of all, thank you, thank you , thank you.

Some friend of mine from Guatemala will send the carb to me by the second week of December, I'll just wait.

He will send me an accord 89 carburetor, it is guaranteed and it is supposed to work right away, Well, I hope so.

One last thing. If he sends me the entire carb, I mean the whole piece, Do I still need the carb KIT to rebuild or replace something, Should I? or just have my old carb taken and installed the new one, is that simple?

Mario

B16KILLA
11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
if its guaranteed you could just put it on but no telling how long it will last

speedpenguin
11-30-2005, 03:15 PM
just put it on.
is this a lifetime warrantee or something?