PDA

View Full Version : grassroots motorsports magazine

lostforawhile
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I put this in general instead of off topic,because it's still dealing with our cars.the latest issue of grass roots motorsports is running an article called rat patrol,5 cool low buck projects, this is a really cool magazine that is dealing with real cars built by real people,this article is about people building daily drivers that are cool just like most people on this site built their cars, in small garages,backyards,etc. I wonder if we could get them interested in publishing some pics of some of our better cars? this artice is dealing with cars that are 15 to 20 years old, and are still good running cars made to be driven. any ideas?

b8er
11-23-2005, 05:29 PM
well i would definatly like to see some 3gee's hangin in a magazine, i guess all we can do is try to get ahold of them and see what they say.

lostforawhile
11-23-2005, 06:39 PM
well from what i can see in this issue we fit right in to where they are,when is the last time you saw a car magazine give tips on going to the junkyard to salvage parts. these aren't about big bucks ricer cars,they are real cars by real people. i'm def going to get a subscription forget scc magazine.

Vanilla Sky
11-26-2005, 05:09 AM
yeah, i keep meaning to subscribe. the mag is operated out of ormond beach, fl, if i'm not mistaken. i know the GRM $200* challenge is in gainesville.

but seriously, junkyard upgrades are a good way to get upgrades for little money. if you're lucky, you can even find PERFORMANCE UPGRADES in the junkyard. the junkyard i'm a regular at has had tokico blues and several sets of lowering springs (hearsay from other members that live in the area). i did manage to get a buddy a set of blueprinted fuel injectors from the junkyard for $20 for the set.

it's always worth the trip to the junkyard. even if they don't have a singe car you're looking for, you'll find something you need ;)

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 06:51 AM
I wonder if we could get them interested in publishing some pics of some of our better cars? this artice is dealing with cars that are 15 to 20 years old, and are still good running cars made to be driven. any ideas?

i know the GRM $200* challenge is in gainesville.
hmm...
well, it should come as no surprise that i plan on getting one in the mag by running it in the aforementioned GRM challenge.
if anyone else is up for it, hit me up, having multiple 3Gs over there would be terrific, as would some help on the project car i'm working on, if anyone lives near me.
wondering exactly what the hell i'm talking about? http://www.grmotorsports.com/news/category/2006-challenge/
for more info.
and vanilla sky, you live close enough that you have no excuse to skip out. yo have to at least show up and check us out

getready
11-26-2005, 09:20 AM
i was looking at the site, and there's this one competitor who's car is called "The Suprang"...you can probably guess what it is.

The guy has a 65 mustang coupe with an 82 supra engine in there. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, especially since he's racing it at this grassroots thing. link, if anyone's interested: http://www.suprang.com/

AccordEpicenter
11-26-2005, 11:37 AM
i love grm... its a great mag. Forget spending 85000 on cars and car parts, these guys go fast for cheap, and they are serious about it. Thats big Thumbs up in my department

Vanilla Sky
11-26-2005, 05:08 PM
oh, i plan on being there. if i had the money, i'd be competing. honestly, right now i'm thinking that one of the other 3gee guys here in palatka is about ready to get rid of his 3gee, so that's a hatchback for me. too bad it's EFI, though.

gould always go turbo. i should be able to build that up for less than $2006.

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
oh, i plan on being there. if i had the money, i'd be competing. honestly, right now i'm thinking that one of the other 3gee guys here in palatka is about ready to get rid of his 3gee, so that's a hatchback for me. too bad it's EFI, though.

turbo's the route i'm thinking right now, too.
if not then a solid breather setup and a big shot of n20.
anyone know how big of a shot a stock A20A can handle?

Vanilla Sky
11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
lots if it's in good shape.

and i would prefer DCOEs.

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 07:04 PM
so is a 125 shot too much?
i've been wondering this for a while but haven't buckled down and searched yet.

lostforawhile
11-26-2005, 07:37 PM

why not pull all of the efi stuff off and run a carbed intake with a webber setup? just change pumps and run it bare bones the distributor is still vaccume advance i believe you just wouldn't have to use the extra pickups in it.

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 07:40 PM
if he's going to do that he may as well just buy a DX. no power options to weigh the car down that way, either

lostforawhile
11-26-2005, 07:50 PM
oh i thought it was going to be run as a race car, i figured if it was everything extra would come off anyway

speedpenguin
11-26-2005, 07:55 PM
a race car that has to cost less than 2 grand.
i'd get the cheapest one possible.
mine has to be street legal so i can drive it to florida, though

getready
11-27-2005, 01:30 PM
i told a friend or two and my dad about it, they all think its an awesome idea, we all may do it next year. We even have a couple of car ideas and stuff. Thanks for this link, man, i never even knew this existed. I just subscribed :)