PDA

View Full Version : Sparco Seats & Websites

w00tw00t111
11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey guy's. I'm in the market to buy some new seats. I would really like Bride but, I know for a fact that they are waaay out of my budget. The brands I'm looking at are Sparco's and just plain old s2000 seats. I would really like sparco's but they seem quite expensive. Does anyone have a website they could share that has seats discounted i.e. lower then the MSRP sellers on the internet. Thanks a bunch. Add comments on other brands or car models if you want

AccordEpicenter
11-23-2005, 10:50 PM
the s2k seats are nice, just as nice as bride and sparco etc. I have Tenzo R rally seats and they are a little less in price than sparcos but still seem excellent

w00tw00t111
11-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Well the one thing that the s2000 seats don't have is the 4point harness. Which on one hand is good b/c cost is less *no need for the 4 point* but the negative is there is no 4 point. Which I'm not going to be autoX'ing or anything where it would be necessary but, I just think it would be a neat accessory to have. If I did go w/ the s2k seat would the best place to get them be a JY and then have them recovered if they were to messed up?

AccordEpicenter
11-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Hmm... ive never seen a wrecked s2k at the junkyard and the seats might be more expensive and much harder to find than anything else youre looking at. Id check ebay maybe?? I really really wouldnt use a harness unless you have at least a rollbar, without a rollbar you can actually be hurt worse in a crash if you have a harness but no rollbar (or cage)

Hash_man_Se_i
11-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Try inlinefour.com for seats, they seem to have some pretty reasonable prices. Especially on sparco's which I would go with if I were you. Sparco also makes seat rails for our car still I believe so you can retain the factory seatbelt without having to fab a bunch of stuff.

ex1z7
11-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Ummm.. sports seats wise check out WRX seats.. They're very comfortable and supportive.. Tenzo's are also great value for money - as are RX7 seats if you can find em..

Any of the "sports" cars, like supra's corvette's camaro's rx7's wrx's etc. etc. you can get nice seats out of.. The buckets in Camaro's are quite nice and comfortable - and very cheap if you find the right place..

Check around at wreckers who do higher performance cars and sit in some of the seats or something.. I'm sure you can find a nice sporty pair of seats for alot less then a single Sparco new..

w00tw00t111
11-24-2005, 10:33 PM
ex1z7 Yeah that's really what I was trying to accomplish. I mean obviously Sparco carries with it a certain "WOW" factor. And why? Because they are expensive. But I really like the rx8 seats. I can't remember what the rx7's look like. I know in my buddies MKIII Supra his driver seat has lumbar support which is pretty cool on a stock seat but, chance of finding one in a JY that still works would probably be pretty slim to none. I had found inlinefour.com on google before and it looked like they had pretty resonable prices but, when it comes to buying car parts off the internet I am more sceptical then usual since, it seems like there are a lot of "fly by night" operations.

If I were to buy the seats from a JY and they needed to be re-uphosltered what would the estimated cost be do you think? Like, I remember seeing on a tv show that the upholster actually ordered the Sparco "micro-fiber" material to recover the non-Sparco seat. Which if that was possible that would be pretty cool but, I'm sure it would be quite expensive. I'm not wanting leather or suede, vinyl, or tweed. Pretty much I would just like the material that most sport seats have or cloth. So, if that helps with any of you guy's estimate price quotes then rock on. Any help/advice as usual is greatly appreciated! :)

Busted_Blue
11-25-2005, 12:25 AM
recaros are some decent seats. I've orderd a pair of Recaro SRD for my civic =)

Hash_man_Se_i
11-25-2005, 01:57 AM
^^ you suck... srd's are some of the nicest seats out there IMO, soo cumfy

FyreDaug
11-25-2005, 12:10 PM
If you find some decent bucket seats online PLEASE LET ME KNOW, Arent the s2000 seats wider? Youd have to use custom tracks and what not still right? Or does honda have 1 general slider (doubtful?)

ex1z7
11-26-2005, 06:58 PM
modacar.com seats are pretty nice.. I've known a few cars around who've bought them - they're comfortable...

What's your budget for these seats? that'll give us all a much better chance of finding something for you online if we know..

bobafett
11-27-2005, 11:47 AM
www.apexperformance.net
i ordered a set of corbeau a4 seats with rails for just over 700 (free shipping).

pretty good deal IMO, and linda at apexperformance was really nice, she gave me prices cheaper than what was on the website.

website says seats were 320x2 = 640 and brackets were 78.50 = 157

157 + 640 = 797, so she saved me $100 :D