PDA

View Full Version : Wierd sound...

FyreDaug
11-24-2005, 02:23 PM
It kinda started yesterday and it seems worse today cold starting it anyways. The noise is like a metal on metal type sound, like something is being spun around and "sheering" it. Sheering I suppose is kinda what it sounds like. I thought something was rattling against something else (possible, only hear it at idle or slightly above) also sounds like its coming from valve cover area. Or under the car, not directly infront so much.

Anyone have any idea what im talking about?

FyreDaug
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
It was pretty bad once I got to work (posted ^ that just before I left when it was warming up)

Oil is good, no lose bolts, header isnt loose. Engine chain is NOT rattling against anything and its definately coming from the valve cover. Ian said it sounds kind of like a bad timing chain, like its lose and slapping something. I know we have belts, but im trying to descrivbe the sound. When I turned the motor off I could hear its movement slow down with the motor, so its definately rpm based, and it DOES get louder in the higher rpms, you just cant hear it much over the exhaust. double you tee eff?

RiCANACCORD
11-24-2005, 03:13 PM
water pump

HondaBoy
11-24-2005, 03:38 PM
i would also say check the water pump. mine did that kind of thing when it was going out. it lasted a week before it got really bad. by the time i took it to get fixed it was quite loud and obvious what it was. that's pretty easy to change out though. if that's it and you buy it, get the warrenty! its worth it.

AccordEpicenter
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
who knows. I know its very normal to have a loud alternator whine and a loud ass gear whine from your ps pump on VERY cold mornings

FyreDaug
11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
It was still doing it warm but you know what?

IT WAS A LOOSE O2 PLUG ON THE HEADER

arg, im an idiot, I finally look down the header to find the noise, and heres this little plug, ,dancing away making all that damn noise. You could hear it half a block away.